Australian RC Forums banner

Looking for a new motor

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  Bill2032 
#1 ·
Ok so i am looking for a new motor for my baja 5b and i have around $500 - $750 to spend whats the best motor i can buy for this type of money. I would prefer a zenoah due to CY's cylinder plating problems and i want this thing to be the absolute best motor i can get. I dont mind if its a full custom engine and i currently have a CY26 with a GBE Endbleed. Any suggestions on Pipe + motor + Gearing, would be appreciated :thumb:. I would also like to be able to pull wheelies whiles still achieve a high top speed

#2 ·
you can look at cc racing, o,neil brothers racing, or esp those should come around your price range...a little extra and you can get the trevor simpson engine..might be worth a look at the engine,s they have in the states while the australian dollar is high....victory pipes are great, robinson racing speed set 20/54 gears for high speed run,s ...

#7 · (Edited)
CCracing Promod g270, Do excactly as carlo says with it!. Most stupidly overpowered engine ive ever driven/seen.:thumb:.

Promod
18/56
GBE endbleed
8000 clutch spring

Good luck that thing will be crazy, Any1 that seen mine go at the State Of Origin will tell you!. Mine had a 6000rpm clutch and i still couldn't get on the gas to hard!

#9 ·
With that kind of money mate go and see Allanach. You will get a ported Zen 4 bolt which will last you a long time as long you look after it.
CCracing promod engines...hmmm...didn't hear a lot of good things about it localy...i think homers died 3 times and MonkeyMagic ones died twice within 4 month and at a $1400 price tag i am not quiet sure. They go very good and hard but forget changing a piston ring yourself on them or anything else...they seem to stuff up afterwards.

#12 · (Edited)
Buy a stock motor like a G270 4 bolt and DDM 7500 spring, then when you stuff it up you can buy another 4 bolt zen and still be in front :thumb:. Ported engines are a bit over rated, "gee look at how quick I can pull 19,000 rpm and shred my $100 tyres, my car is harder to control and costs me more to keep running but by gee its got the most powerful engine going" :thumb:

#16 ·
depends what you want. If you want to drag race in the shopping centre car park then get a Pro Mod, TS engine etc.

O'Bros do a track ported G240rc engine which is designed for racing on a dirt track. Due to the sh!t US dollar, it is the same price as buying a local new g240 rc stock engine.

If you want more grunt but with a smooth powerband then get a HobbyCentre modified engine from Europe. They do 23 and 26 cc engines and they came 1, 2 and 3 in the European large scale champs. They are onroad but could be used off road.

Any more power and you will have endless wheel spin, a car you cannot drive on a track, shred your tires, spend a fortune in replacing drive and diff cups and just waste your money.

#17 ·
Every1's giving him a history lesson:confused:. He didn't say anything about racing, Balls to the wall power=CCracing/Trevor simpson( Though i hear he's no longer making engine's), Oneill Bros Full Mod looks like it hammers aswell.:thumb:

#23 ·
Perfect combo for your budget would be the G270 and a GBE hornet. Those 2 compliment eachother so well. The G270 is a very torquey motor and the Hornet amplifies this. I ran over 100 tanks of fuel through mine before the ring wore out, and during that time not one single gasket leakage or blowout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.