Australian RC Forums banner

New Toy Number 2

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  01viper27 
#1 ·
Well her is another new addition to the ever growing fleet of RC..

Got this for a steal..

64" custom made Bonzai Sports Fountain...

Needs a Motor and leg. But everything else already installed.
Originally had a Twin cylinder motor in it.:D

HHHHHMMMMM twin or single???

See less See more
#2 ·
You should bring it down to luddenham model park tommorow... There is a pond there that you can play in. ps i'll be there, come up to the 5th scale section and introduce yourself..:thumb:

#8 ·
I think maybe something like this:

http://www.quickdrawengines.com/Page_9.html

QUICKDRAW 35

Quickdraw's classic 35 has been redesigned and now has a steel connecting rod and still has 4 main bearings. It has 8 hp and 18,000 RPM. These engines are designed for big boats. They have much more torque and a wider power band than the 25cc engine. These engines come as a complete package with hot pipe, silencer and motor mounts. They start easily and idle slow. $1,495

Or this:
http://www.quickdrawengines.com/Page_10.html

Need even more power? Try a double barrel Quickdraw. Blow away anybody anywhere! And when you hear the exhaust note of this super smooth Quickdraw, you'll be in hot boat heaven.

70cc Twin 14.2 hp, 18,000 rpm
Weight 11 lbs
Piston port induction
Output shaft comes set up for Zenoah clutch and housing or 1/4" square drive cable nut. Custom order output shafts also available.
Crankshaft rides in 6 large ball bearings.
Steel connecting rods with needle bearings at both ends
The cylinder has a steel liner that is replaceable. There are 3 oversize pistons available for boring.
Piston, ring and cylinder sleeve life are excellent.
The twin carburetor setup is very easy to tune.
Cylinder mounts with exhaust port on right or left side (no mismatched ports)

The twin cylinder 70cc comes as a complete package.
Engine, mount, tuned pipes and silencers are $3000.00

Rubber mounted engine mount fits in standard 5" rails.
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice 9/06

35cc Set up for No Clutch

35cc Shown with Motor Mounts and Clutch Adapter plate. All Models have this carburetor on it now with the short mixture screws and a choke.

#14 ·
Hi Kevin,
I am Jun from RCUniverse. I was doing a search on the 64 and I came across your thread here. Have you had this on the water yet? Nice paint job! I would really like to know more mabout this boat. I am actually considering on either the Titan 60 from Sonic Racing Australia or the Bonzi 64. Have you got any video yet of this boat. I`d really love to hear from you.

Benckie,
I'm not stalking you...

#15 ·
Hi Kevin,
Benckie,
I'm not stalking you...
:cell:

Hi Jun

Do you know Danyy from sonic racing is making a seamless titan 60 inch :thumb:

But if i was you i would go for the 64 inch bonzi, they are tuff, look great, and it will save you around $500 usd in shipping and not to mention import tax, if you have to pay it.

Ive told you befor ive hit trees with my bonzi, ive fell on it and ive given it a good work out, and nows its been chopped up and turned into a jet boat.

I can recomend bonzi, good tuff stuff and good customer service, if you buy soem thing from them.

Thanks Shane

#16 ·
I really love the agressive look of Danny's stepped Titan 6o and do know he has started doing his R60 seamless. I was just not sure when he would start on the Titan 60.

Do not get me wrong, I love the 64 too but I'm not too hot on the shallow steps it hashe 2 nostrils behind the canopy. The only thing I do not like about the Titan 60 is its width of 18".

Money is tight right now. I have most of what I need to complete my fountain project. Torn up between the 2 but I wll have one of them. Time will tell.

Kev.
Didn't mean to hijack the thread. I still want more info on your 64. The sad part is that most 64 owners do not post videos any where and the only 2 on you tube has not posted anything new. I do know that they run well on calm water. The question is will they handle good on rough water? I have seen all the the Titan 60 video with the different motor configuration on Danny's site and pretty well know how they handle on both calm and rough water.

#17 ·
as long as you know once the titan is upto speed it will not be ridding on the strakes it will be riding on the rear of the hull past the strakes, so at speed i dont think the strakes will do much if any thing in a stright line.

if you buy just a hull from bonzi i dont think it will come with the two nostrils behind the canopy as i think they only add them to rtr hulls to let hot air out of the hull.

if you buy a bare hull i say you will have to add these if you want them to the new hull, or do hot air venting how you want to do it this will be the same if its a titan or sonic hull you will have to drill and cut the hull out your self.

like you say moneys tight, so the bonzi might be your best option for price, cheaper shipping no import tax, and no risk of it getting damaged in transit while being shipped.

if you read the post about the r60 that was imported from australia to the u.s.a it was damaged duing shipping, my bonzi was not damaged during shipping to australia, but my seaducer cat shipped from the usa to australia had the stuffing tube and strut nocked off the hull, its a easy fix and no magor damage to the hull lucky it could off been worse.

not taking any thing away from Danny from sonic as hes a top bloke, but you must take into account after paying for the hull and all the money for shipping and it get damaged while being shipped, its a very big posibity and some thing you should take into account.

you dont want to pay more for any thing your not will to loose or get damaged while shipping, if boats get damaged while being shipped inside the usa no matter how well packed, you will run the risk of damage from australia to the usa also mabe even more.

so taking into account money is tight, the higher shipping cost for the titan import tax and the risk of damage while its being shipped, i still will recomend a bonzi 64 inch, it also will save not just money but time.

you must also take into account if you loose a hatch or want a replacment hull, you will have to pay high shipping cost and have to wait a good few weeks for shipping and you will still run the risk of the new replacment hatch or hull being dmaged while being shipped.

taking all this into account even though the titan is a fine boat, i would lean heaverly towards the bonzi 64 becuase of your location, shipping cost, import tax, the risk of damage and the cost of replacment items like hatches and so on.

cheers shane

#18 ·
I am very well aware of all the points you brought up and will not argue them. We are all guilty more often on deciding with our hearts rather than our pockets but I asure you that I will not be sorry on my final decision be I be broke or not. :thumb:

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.