Australian RC Forums banner

next hull ideas

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  benckie 
#1 ·
my hulls not dead yet, but i might start looking for a new hull some thing around the 46 to 64 inch size.

any sugestions guys, some thing that will handle good, go reasonible fast and some think that i can fit the pipe inside the hull with a 26cc zen with clutch and im hopping i can use more of my stuff on my current boat

#4 ·
#7 · (Edited)
might be some thing to look into as i like the cats, i just have been reading the pros dont do it as they cant get the motor low enought for a good centre of gravity.

i had about 10 difrent boats builders price me up difrent boats deep v's and cats not one boat builder recomended me to use a clutch as one of the requirements of the build was a clutch and water pump, i was told the cat would be 5 to 10 mph faster then the deep v with the same motor but cause of the motor and the cog it was not recomneded to run a clutch in a cat.

im sure that only aplies to hard core racers and most likly yanks, it woulnd bother me i dont think, but looking at my deep v, the clutch and mounts are low in the rear of the hull, with a flat bottom boat like a cat the motor would have to sit up higher and the flexi shaft would have to me at more of an angle you would think and this might throw off handleing and cornering ?

cause looking at my boay if it was a flat bottom like most cats the clutch would be stickign thru the bottom of the hull ?

i also like the apache 50 inch but its a bit skinny its 2 inch slimmer then the bonzi and i might have trouble firtty all my gear into it, the 56 inch might be better.

i have accidently borught a prop recomended for a cat its a lift prop im going to put it on ebay as it will not be any good for my boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.