: broken fins on flywheel

Greg_s
19-08-2009, 08:53 PM
would i have problems if i snapped a couple of fins off my flywheel.

Greg

god i gotta learn to drive lol

waynee
19-08-2009, 09:02 PM
how many have you broken off but normaly yes it throws the balance out and you will flog the oil seal and the bearing out
(correct me if im wrong guys)

Greg_s
19-08-2009, 09:07 PM
how many have you broken off but normaly yes it throws the balance out and you will flog the oil seal and the bearing out
(correct me if im wrong guys)

its like 3 fins but less than half of the fins are gone

xr8ute
19-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Mate get a new flywheel for sure..:thumb:

towie964
19-08-2009, 09:15 PM
depending on where each broken fin is, it could throw the balance out, unless you have been lucky enough to break 3 fins each 120 degrees apart and even amount off each fin, and if you have done that, go buy a casket ticket, while you are picking up the new flywheel

allanach
19-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I have just finished building a customers engine and he broke only two fins and they are completely opposite each other.

I left the F/W on as the fins can break easily and no point throwing money away.

If the fins had of been right next to each other then it's a gonner imo.

It's up to the owner..... have you ever checked a flywheel for balance new or used????

You would be surprised.

5Tom
24-08-2009, 11:13 PM
I have just finished building a customers engine and he broke only two fins and they are completely opposite each other.

I left the F/W on as the fins can break easily and no point throwing money away.

If the fins had of been right next to each other then it's a gonner imo.

It's up to the owner..... have you ever checked a flywheel for balance new or used????

You would be surprised.

I got 2 fins snapped off right next to eachother lol dunno how long it's been like that though...