: Raptor 50 upgrade Head

Boofrmb
05-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi Guys.
Have just recently purchased a great second hand Raptor 50 with pgraded head, but when I received it, the head was seperate to the heli. I thought just place head back on main shaft, but once done, the linkage rods appear to be hard up against the washout ass screws. Any ideas, or is the head Assembled incorrectly.

Rob

Boofrmb
05-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Guys, A pic here of the head, as u can see the linkage.

Rob

AUSRC
05-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey mate, hopefully Peter will jump on soon and I am sure he will be able to sort you out. Got a photo at 90 degrees to that one? ie. Looking directly at the blade grip.

Peter
05-08-2009, 02:05 PM
From that shot , it looks like the mixing arms at the top of the head need flipping 180 degrees ;the shorter end of the arm connects to the blade grip via the double link; and rappys use trailing edge control on the main blades so the grips need flipping 180 deg too ...

And move the ball links on the hub mixer arms to the outer holes too; that's "learner " mode as it is.. Set it up for "3D " mode , then use the radio to tame it to suit your ability ...

And the flybar control arms , the 90deg arms on top of the assembly , are on the wrong sides too !!

Hey Mr AUSRC , when do we see you at the field again ???

Boofrmb
05-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks Pete, do u still want any more pics, so a bit of a job, does this mean I have to set the head up, only new to heli's.

Rob

Boofrmb
05-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Here is another, may show it better.

Rob

AUSRC
05-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Yep, Pete is spot on, the grips need flipping over.

Boofrmb
05-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks to both, so are there any instructions that may make it easier for a me to set up.

Rob

Peter
05-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Where abouts are you ,Rob ? got Skype ??

Its only a few minutes to get the head right , but then the rest of the heli needs setting up !!

What radio and gyro do you have ?

Did the std plastic head come with the heli ?

Got the rappy manual ?

Boofrmb
05-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Peter.

I live in Inverell, NSW, and Skype is coming but not yet

What radio and gyro do you have ?
Gyro is Futaba GY-401
Radio is JRPRO X2720

Did the std plastic head come with the heli ?
No, got lots of spare parts for the new head.

Got the rappy manual ?
Yep, do have the manual.

Rob

Peter
05-08-2009, 07:16 PM
I went through Inverell last Friday!!! bloody froze .. Tamworth , Tenterfield and Wallangarra were no better last week either ....

The manual will show the correct head setup, even if it shows all plastic bits.

Did you get the heli/radio/gyro as a complete ready-to-fly setup ? Is the heli already set up in the radio ? BTW what servos ? Can you post piccys of the rest of the heli ?

I assume you haven't flown a heli before ?

If you like , PM me your phone no , not mobile!, and I'll call you (skype is great , only 6c!! ) and talk you through a setup ... will need to have transmitter and receiver batteries charged .....

Boofrmb
05-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Will do, but will be next week, up in Brissy from tomorrow. All came as a package, thats why I thought it was strange when I put the head today.

Rob

Peter
05-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Take it to Brissy , and come for a drive to the Gold Coast on Friday , or the Dakabin field , Brissy's north side , on Saturday or Sunday mornings....

Google earth map thingos at www.qrcha.com for the fields , or call me on 0428717629 for any info..

Peter
06-08-2009, 08:43 AM
BTW , there's a club at Inverell , may be heli flyers there . Secretary is Richard Clarke ph 0428151826

r2160
06-08-2009, 09:30 AM
By the way, before you do anything, you might want to straighten the blade grip arm. From the photo, the arm is actually bent.

The easiest and cheapest way to fix that is simply pop the plastic blade grips on.

cheers
glenn

https://www.ausrc.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4614&stc=1&d=1249515325

Boofrmb
09-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Hi Glenn

Have a few spares, will check to see if their bent as well, both side are the same, so I assumed that was correct.

Also Peter, what other pics would you like, can take a few or you today.

Rob

Peter
10-08-2009, 10:49 AM
good eyes , Glennie , but then again , you're not as "age experienced " as me!!!!

Piccys of each servo install may help, and all the pushrods etc too ..

Obviously , hands on is best , but piccys and phone calls work ; done that a few times now....

Any helis at the local club ?