Australian RC Forums banner

Battleships that sink each other...

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Davo2 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
Check out this web site :thumb:
www.ausbg.org
For details of the Australian Battle Group.

We build scale models of warships and merchant ships that are designed to sink :crazy:when hit by enemy fire. The merchant ships try to complete convoy runs around a set course:fear: and the opposing warships :heh: try to sink them :yield:while friendly warships protect them. That's the theory anyway, in practice it often turns into an all out stoush between battleships!
The warships are armed with cannons that fire ball bearings and we use compressed CO2 as the propellant.

There are sub-groups in most states of Australia and they hold local battles, usually once a month, and national battles are held twice a year with a smaller all-states battle in October which the Canberra Battle Group hosts. National battles can see as many as 40 ships on the water at once - mayhem!!
Cheers,
Davo

#11 ·
:bang:
My battleship weighs over 14 kilograms (without ammo or gas) and is two metres long, it weighs considerably more than 14 kilo's when it's full of water - then it's a b*gger lifting it out of the water! :faint:

woa i though they were only like 5kg and a metre long :bang:. those things must be HUGE
how much do they cost ya?

#14 ·
Ships are modelled on the real ones from 1901 to 1946 (no sailing ships though). Mine is the 1939 French battleship Richelieu - look it up on Wiki.

Where are you located?
I can probably put you in touch with your nearest group :cell:, you can then go and have a look :eek: at some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.