Australian RC Forums banner

My new boat

13K views 72 replies 14 participants last post by  PC WIZ 
#1 ·
This is my new boat, it has a 23 cc Zenoah engine with clutch and water pump and looks fantastic, I can see what the 1/5th scale boys get all outta shape about there Baja's, this engine sounds so sweet. I can't wait to get it on the water, by the way is there any place in Brizzy that people play with these monsters.

Cheers :D:D

#50 ·
If you'd like to add photos to your posts that display as full images (rather than attachments that need to be clicked on to view), the easiest/best way to do it is by using an image hosting account like Photobucket or ImageShack.

I use Photobucket because it's quick and easy. Here's a tutorial on how to use it:

1. Sign up for a free Photobucket account: http://register.photobucket.com/

2. Upload your photos.

If your photos are larger than 640px across, please make sure "640 x 480 (Large")" is selected from the "Reduce to" drop-down menu. This will automatically resize the image.

3. Mouse over the photo you would like to add to your forum post.

This will bring up a small window below the photo that contains various link options. Click anywhere inside the "IMG Code" field. The text will be highlighted and a quick "Copied" notification will appear.

4. Paste the code (Ctrl + V or right-click -> Paste) into your forum post.

The necessary IMG tags are automatically inserted for you.

5. Repeat as needed. Note that each forum post may not contain more than 5 images (this includes smilies). If you need to add more photos, you may do so in another post.

And that's it.

The benefit of using an image hosting service like Photobucket is that the files aren't being stored on the server. This helps to reduce bandwidth usage and load times.

#10 ·
Thanks for putting it up for me Suzukiboy, it's 1250 mm long. It only cost me $ 500 rtr, the mate I bought it off wants a new motor for an aeroplane he is building and he just doesn't use it anymore, so I was in the right place at right time, finally.:thumb::D I am very very happy with it.

#11 ·
damn sexy. 1.25m . . . very nice should be fun

#16 · (Edited)
Nice work suzukiboy, I know you love your boats!

Looks like a nice boat big boyz toyz. When you go to sleep tonight give it a pat for me! ;)

Love to see some video, or some fit out pics!

I have run lots of boats, so ask me anything. I might not have an answer, but i can help!

Cheers, Brett. :thumb:

#18 ·
Actually Brett, there is one question (maybe 2), there are a few chips in the hull and the bloke I bought it off said it is painted with 2 pack white, Can this be repaired in sections or do I have to paint the whole lot? 2nd question, it comes with a Futaba 40meg radio its too expensive to convert to 2.4 gig, would it be feasible to leave it at 40 meg and buy 40 meg receivers for all my other gear (I've been told it is a very good radio and can program up to 12 vehicles) or do I bite the bullet and buy the Spectrum DX3S that I have on layby (too many choices)

Cheers :thumb:
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

#20 ·
I would sand the whole hull and re-paint it.

One thing i have found is that if you sand the bottom and leave it rough, the boat will get up on the plane quicker.

In regards to the radio gear, go 2.4GHz. I did and have never looked back!
Having said that, there is nothing wrong with the gear you have now and it will work well.

#23 ·
Two choices:
Get the DX3s and then when you have the cars/boats fitted out, sell the 40mhz
or
Sell the 40mhz and go 2.4GHz, put the money towards it and never look back

#27 ·
You won't screw up! There are to many watching and waiting to help.

Use the force! :p

#32 ·
i have tryed a spectrum dx6 digital radio and the fm radio worked much better.
with digital i only got 500 metres and the fail safe cut in , with my fm gear i can get about 1500 metres out of it ;
i do run it under the 3rd runway flight path though

#34 ·
i have tryed a spectrum dx6 digital radio and the fm radio worked much better.
with digital i only got 500 metres and the fail safe cut in , with my fm gear i can get about 1500 metres out of it ;
i do run it under the 3rd runway flight path though
1500 mteres, I can't even see that far !!

#39 ·
Good to see everyone running together!

They always draw a good crowd! :D

This is where i used to run.. It's at Narrabeen, near Collaroy.

There are a few canoos and kyacs around early morning, doubt you could race there, but it's a nice piece of water to run on! ;)

Attachments

#44 ·
Yeah I get enough frowns when I take my electric Supervee 27 down there, let alone a loud 2 stroke. There too many turtles and apparently they do a fair amount of damage to hulls and I don't want to find out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.