Australian RC Forums banner

Proboat Mini series

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Mash13 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting two proboat mini's for me and my son to hoon around with :D Anyways my question was, which would handle better? the cat or vee hull? they are both the same price and both have all the same running gear so the hull is the only difference.
thanks in advance fellas

#5 ·
I just ordered 2 mini v's for 157 delivered. 30 odd dollars cheaper than one in a hobby shop I saw today, BARGAIN!!!!!

#6 ·
How about some pics when you get it?

I would love to have a better look at one!

Cheers, brett. :thumb:

#7 ·
they arrived today, and i'm pretty pleased with them! although they dont come with batteries?!?! they say rtr on the box but no batt!!???
anyway they about the size of a 1/10 scale elec rc car. I will be testing tomorrow and will get some action shots. lucky I have a few mini t style batts that are the same layout so I can run them!

#9 ·
took the v's out for a smash today at this huge big regatta lake/s, and they are so much fun. especially with two racing around. They have quite good speed and great run times, even running off nitro reciever batts and one mini t battery! I had one collision with the other mini v which seemed to make the prop shaft slip, where it connects to the motor. But i took out the grub screws and dabbed a drop of glue down each hole and reinstalled the screws and presto. The only mod 've done, is put on a bigger rx antenna tube, as the shock ones are about 15cm long and useless for range (8-10m) now its running a standard tube and can take her 30m away no dramas

we sat down the lake all day drinkin beers and hammering these boats, so much fun.

I ended up ordering a further 2x mini c's for me and a mate, and 2 intellect 1400mah batts. These are great "fun" boats but would like to see a nice brushless boat in action!

#10 ·
Quote [We sat down the lake all day drinkin beers and hammering these boats, so much fun.] end quote. :eek:

Sounds like my kind of R/C! :D

Keep up the good work Mash13.

If i wasn't so into cars at the moment, i would get one myself.

Sounds like fun!

Cheers, Brett. :thumb:

#11 ·
hmmm well my boat got worked today :(

I drove into a mate swimming and think i've slightly bent the prop shaft, so the little 380 motor struggles to get it upto full noise. Just aswell I ordered another cat! seems like the mini v's gonna get the brushless treatment. I think I ended up sorting it out, but havent tested her yet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEMWA1U6IEQ&feature=related

#12 ·
i'd stay away from these boats. they dont last very long all of ours are now busted. the hulls are ok but all the electronics and running gear is crap. My mate bought a aquacraft reef racer2 and thats still going strong as. I recomend the reef racer 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.