Australian RC Forums banner

Tamiya EVO4 vs Tamiya EVO1

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  strah 
#1 ·
Hello all

This may seem like a funny question but id like to know how faster REALLY is EVO4 than EVO1.

Lets say we have a track...2 exactly same driver w exactly same everything including weight of model...100% the same ..only diffrence is chassis..evo1 and evo4

if those 2 identical guys were racing on this track...lets say that 1 lap lasts around 20secs and it is meduim fast track how faster per lap would be evo4 than evo1.

ZOOMER HELP.....

#2 ·
You cannot say "weight" is the same, cos the EvoIII/IV bare chassis weighs whole a lot less than the EvoI/II. You'd have to add a lot of lead weight to make up the difference... and we ain't racing horses handicaps here.

Centre of gravity is also a bit lower, so it makes for a lot better cornering without tipping over.

Even though most parts are 'new', IV is essentially an updated III. Shares the same basic design ideas, improves on them all.

Handling between III and IV wouldn't be much different, that's why I still haven't bothered running my IVs yet. My IIIs are still doing the job fine.

Comparing between I/II and III/IV? No contest...!

#3 ·
hi zoomer...

lets say that we add 100 grams or something of lead...or we use lighter servo and reciver and esc on evo1...and we somehow manage to have 1500grams on each chassis or 1600grams....

basicaly my question is...what is more important..to know how to drive or to have a lot of money and hight tech supreme chassis....

if u think this is to hard to answer please compare evo3 and evo4...evo3 ...not surikarn...

same weight..same evrything..2 100% perfect drivers..how much would be evo4 faster perl lap....lap is 20 secs...

would it be 1 sec?...i dont belive it.....

#4 ·
EvoIII can be built down to about 1460g with modern electronics; you'd be lucky to get an EvoI/II anywhere under 1580g. Weight limit is 1500g for racing so that's what your target is.

Can't say I've had much experience with EvoI/II (never owned them) but have got TB01s. I think my TB02 carries much higher speeds thru the corners compared to old TB01... probably 20-30% faster thru the corners. The suspension is so much better.

Extra weight penalty on EvoI/II will also make it lose out on the acceleration.

Same driver between cars... probably see 0.5-1s improvement on a 20s lap given a medium track of technical design. 5% is quite a bit... the faster car will be nearly 1 lap ahead after 6mins!

#5 ·
thanx for yr answer....

do u have any experience with team asso tc1 factory team...

it is the uglyest chassis ever.and it is very sh*tty compared to my friend surikarn or hpi pro4...actually it look sh*tty even when compared with my evo2...

it looks very low quality and it is very cheap here in croatia...almost 3 times cheaper than surikarn

is that a good chassis...cuz here they are very very fast....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.