Australian RC Forums banner

O.S .3VG Pullstart

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  PirateSSZ 
#1 ·
As the title says I have O.S .30 engine in an Hyper St Pro and have just picked up a Sanwas Airtronics radio. I have a few question on what to do next. I have read over a lot of posts but would like some info specific to my engine as I have only ever owned electrics and that was when I was a small opposed to being a big kid now. So what do I do, How many glow plugs will I need, as back up just in case, should I put the first tank through with wheels off the ground, do I need to put something in the engine after I have finished, how long do I run it for each time or do I just put full tanks through and should I wait to get a temp gun? Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to stuff it up and thus being the reason I haven't done anything since I finished building it. Any help would be great as my mate and I have exactly the same set up and eager to get them going.

#3 ·
probably a hundred different threads on running motors in.

Just keep it rich, idle the car through a couple of tanks, low throttle for a few more, over more tanks use a bit more throttle. After about 2 litres you should be ready to start going hard and tuning.

The instructions or other threads will give you more details.

A glow plug or two is handy to keep spare. If the engine is tuned well, you shouldn't use that many

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.