: RealFlight G3 or G4?

a_hargy
03-11-2008, 09:21 AM
Im looking at getting a heli and have been told how important a good quality flight sim is. So anyway I really like the look of Greatplanes RealFlight and have tried out the G4 demo.

How many people out there are using G3.5 and/or G4, what are the pro's and con's of the two, and what has your experience with the sim been like?

G3.5 is around $200 at the moment whereas G4 is $330. Just wondering whether it would be worth the extra $$$ to get the newer version.

Thanks in advance guys,

Adam

main_event
03-11-2008, 09:33 AM
It depends on how much money you want to spend Hargs. People have been doing fine on 3.5 and even 3 in the past. There is no reason you won't get the same benefits.

Unless of course there is some upgrades in 4 you are keen to have, otherwise I say go with 3.5

Good luck mate, happy flying

Peter
03-11-2008, 09:39 AM
I have G3.5 , been playing with G4 , and phoenix.....

Think I'd recommend phoenix overall , from here.. http://www.brooknet.net.au/prod01.htm click on "shop" to be amased at the price!! it's getting great reviews, most I know use it now....

Wayne ; Mr.Brooknet ; is a member of the same club I am .

a_hargy
03-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the help guys!

I'll have to look into pheonix. I'm going out to the local club on Sunday so I'll have an ask around there and see what they are using.

Thanks again guys

Peter
03-11-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm going out to the local club on Sunday so I'll have an ask around there and see what they are using.

Thanks again guys

That is BY FAR , the best way to make most decisions about heli flying!!!! :thumb::thumb:

grasshopper
05-11-2008, 07:22 AM
hey a_hargy...if you make up your mind and chose to get the RealFlight 4 send me a PM and i might part with mine for the right price. I paid $340.00 for it at R/C Hobbies and used it maybe for 4 hours.
Decided that i can't afford to have two things going at the same time...(Baja %B won hands down..sorry to my chopper which never lifted of the ground...lol..)
Have a Venom XL 3D as well i might get rid off with 3 spare LiPo's.....

revmax
06-11-2008, 10:52 PM
G4.5 is out

husky
07-11-2008, 07:24 AM
I learned using G3 and Reflex XTR. G3 was good because it was easy to set up and has its own remote however reflex was more realistic. I have no experience with G4 so cant coment on that but I would imagine G4 would be more realistic that G3.

BlackDiamond
10-11-2008, 04:33 PM
I have only (and still use) G3.5.
It was the best investment I made, in regards to flying RC stuff.
Has sure made flying the real thing a lot cheaper too :p

helihoods
17-11-2008, 02:11 PM
i have phoenix and by far the best.
free updates and downloads. and multi player over the net.
good price to $189 now.
liked them so much that i sell them.
bill

Nige69
19-11-2008, 08:27 PM
I have used G3, G3.5 and G4, relfex, aerofly and phoenix.

Of all those sims, I reckon Phoenix is by far the most realistic to flying a real heli. The characteristics of the Mini-Titan and the T-Rex600n are virtually the same as when im flying the real ones.

The only downside of Pheonix over realflight is that you need your own controller, but that can also be an advantage as you get more time using and familiarising yourself with your own radio.

Atomicwedgie
20-11-2008, 05:37 PM
Yep if I was looking at a new sim it would be phoenix is the best out there at the moment and for me using your own controller is the only way to go nomatter what sim you get.