Australian RC Forums banner

My clutch shoes.....

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  monster 
#1 ·
Well, I've decided to sell my FG Monster beetle and in an effort to not leave the new buyer in the lurch by supplying him with a car that needs a lot of work I decided that along with a new pinion gear that I would install a new clutchbell as the grub screw had trashed the shaft of the current one. Then I thought.... sh!t - you haven't EVER changed the shoes in the old girl and you've owned it a year and a half now and put litre after litre through it including some sand dune action last year!

So I stripped it down last night and after removing the bell and inspecting the clutch shoes I was astounded to find that they still looked like new! The following pics were taken last night on my phone so they are a little dodgey but you can see the large amount of material still left on the shoes.

As I have said before this little FG has been bulletproof since day dot, I really shouldn't be parting with it but its time for a change and to shed a few RC's as I can no longer afford all of them.

See less See more
#2 ·
Holy Crap! good stuff!

Mine were half that after just one run!! Hence why I have ordered a higher RPM unit...

#7 ·
yep i remember mate.... that was a classic!

Dean I have two 3 or 4 year old cases of extra dry kicking around, got about 10 of them for free on a job site once - you know how these things are.... "can i borrow a _______?" "yeah mate.... just give us a case and its sweet"

we amassed about 40 cases on a job in goulburn once - we were the only ones with a scissor lift and a forklift on site!

By the time I got thru the 10 cases they were going off so these two get used as stands these days when i need to work on my RC but still want to watch tv :D

#10 ·
something tells me you will be getting these exact clutch shoes mate :thumb: box left today via TNT, I will PM you the con note details.

and haydrick, no mate - no clutch cover, these are the same shoes that were in it when we were at stockton last year :eek:

#13 ·
That's the good thing about FG, they may be a little expensive but they do make quality parts. I have converted my Trav to FG Buggy and never looked back :thumb:

You will not be disappointed with your purchase add13, I've seen this FG kicked ass:eek:

:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.