Australian RC Forums banner

VXL Differentials

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  PBO 
#1 ·
G'day all!
I was just wondering if anyone out there is running the Traxxas SRT Ball Differential in any of their rigs? I have heard that its the go for brushless!

I am sick of brake spin outs, getting 80% of the power from the left rear and wearing out one tyre more than the other:bang:

I run a 3s 5400 lipo so this problem is magnified when i'm running that!

#4 ·
I'm not using a ball diff, just the standard planetary gear snot bucket. I check the gearing regulary, lube it up.

I just wanna know how does the traxxas ball diff hold up to brushless/lipo?

#5 ·
I wouldn't know sorry mate, but I do know that a properly setup diff with good silicone oil in it (not grease) will perform very well, and will distribute power evenly and smoothly to your ride.

As for spinning out when you brake, that will be because you have too much braking at the rear wheels, and not enough at the front. If your rear end locks up while the front is still rolling, that could be the cause of your spin outs. Maybe something to look into before you go spending money

#6 ·
its 2wd with motor brakes. there's no brake bias here.

as for diffs. I don't know about the ball diff, but a few people have been filling theirs with various oils and diff lock lubes and whatever else and they seem pleased with the results.

i'm going to give it a try when i can be bothered.

#8 ·
VXL Rustler, for the revo you can get sweet diff spools! A mate has the traxxas spool for the rear in sand/mud, it goes great.

The standard planetary gears for VXL are tough (i've NEVER busted it running 11.1V hard), but not that good on performance as one wheel always overpowers another. You might only notice it on high output lipo's though.

#9 ·
vxl diff spool

hi people new on here, been reading a bit thourght i would say helo!
the vxl diff is tuff but i got sick of fill it ! so i now run a spool , took some getting used to. to tell you the truth i think its to much in the slash with a 3s lipo 5400 stuck in it .and i run wider wheels / tyers then stock slash.
its just to much sidways action ,it twists the car on the grass and spins out.the 2s is ok .it will be great in the sand pit with me paddle tyers fitted
that and mud is all there good for!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.