Australian RC Forums banner

Gold Coast Hobby Shops?

13K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Flat_Matt 
#1 ·
Hey, Does anyone know any good hobby shops on the Gold Coast other then Hobby haven down in Burleighwhere I went this morn and they had nothing!

Thanks
Matt...Edited by: Flat_Matt

#2 ·
I live in NSW and i went to 1 near Surfers Paradise (Miami Beach)on my holidays. It was just past Pacific Fair going on towards Surfers Paradise the first right. It was called Hobbies & Biycles or something like that?

But there wasnt much there, they are moving soon the guy said and there gonna have a Super Store he said which sounded cool.

Look it up in the Phone book under Hobbies-Yellow pages. Thats how i found it and there were more there.

#3 ·
yeah its on surf parade in broadbeach. called broadbeach cycles and hobbies. the owners name is helmut and he is quite a good bloke. they dont have much stuff, more than hobby haven though. and they will order anything you need right then

as hellholefred said, they are moving to a much bigger store in a week from saturday. if you go in and talk to him, ask him to put you on the list for the new shop. they are having a bbq and some rc demos on opening day.

p.s. flat matt, where do you live and what rc's you got? i live in southport and have a savage and an emaxx

#6 ·
judd,

they definately dont have a shop front. what were you buying?

ihave heard of a group of shady characters that bought out a old model shop that used to be based in bundall. and for some reason, unkown to me, they were selling all they stock from an appartment in a villa and closed the shop. they were selling inferno mp5's (when they were new) for like $200. (wish i had money back then) never heard of them again tho

so yeah, if you can get anm address i will go round there and soft them out haha

haydn

#7 ·
i brought a savage, paid $900 dollars for it 3 months ago, never got the truck or the refund.........still working with the police to sort it out...........thanx for the roughhousing offer but its not quite at that point........(yet!)
judd

#12 ·
To find a buisnesses address you need their ABN and 15 dollars to do a
business search ( this is for QLD, Im not sure about other states). You
just need to know someone in a law firm who is willing to help you out.

#14 ·
judd said:
there po box is at sanctuary cove, thats about all i know...they still contact me each day through email saying there going to pay but never do.

Yep... with ASIC they have the following details;

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width="90%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>Extracted from ASIC's database at 11:21:44 on 23/09/2004</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width="90%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=right width="30%">Name</TD>
<TD align=left>PLANET HOBBIES PTY LTD</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=right width="30%">ACN</TD>
<TD>
<TABLE width=120><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD align=right>109 197 275</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=right width="30%">Type</TD>
<TD align=left>Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=right width="30%">Registration Date</TD>
<TD align=left>21/05/2004</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=right width="30%">Next Review Date</TD>
<TD align=left>21/05/2005</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=right width="30%">Status</TD>
<TD align=left>Registered</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=right width="30%">Locality of Registered Office</TD>
<TD align=left>Sanctuary Cove QLD 4212</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=right width="30%">Jurisdiction</TD>
<TD align=left>Australian Securities & Investments Commission</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

ASIC charge $12 for a Company details search if you want any more info.

Interesting BTW... this off their website;

Planet Hobbies Online.com is a wholly owned subsiduary of Planet Hobbies Pty Ltd. Planet Hobbies Pty Ltd is an Australian owned and operated company. ACN: 109 197 275 All sales within Australia are required to pay 10% GST on the final sale price. All items being shipped outside of Australia are free and exempt of paying any GST/tax.
Edited by: Skidd

#15 ·
the gods must be on my side..........planethobbies deposited my money today........just want to thank all those who gave me ideas on how to interupt there daily transactions and force them into complying.............if asked by the police if i went to pursue this matter i will probably drop it, i do not want to cause those within the rc community who use there service successfully any grief....but i for one will never use there services again.
i suggest others that are looking at buying of them certainly proceed with caution.
once again i thank you all for all your insight
its a win for the little man
judd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.