Australian RC Forums banner

LST2 Receiver battery question!

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Jamezy 
#1 ·
Hey guys my LST2 Stock receiver battery ( 1100mah ] dies out WAY TO QUICKLY i was wondering whats better to use

http://www.rchobbies.com.au/store/p...13069&osCsid=1b7e22d7a29207d7a4757525a413e983

Or attach 4xAA energizer 2500mah rechargeable batteries { which wont be a problem hooking up ]

Thanks in advance.

PS. if theres a stronger MAH receiver hump pack for lst2 care to show me that would be great.

Cheers guys!

#2 ·
you will loose 1.2v if you use 4 cells i dont think steering would be that good on 4.8v.
i dont really have a problem with run time i can get a few hours out of it.
are you running stock servos.

#4 ·
I still use the battery that came with mine seems fine to me and its running 3 ace servos, I have a venom 1600 but I think its a bit dodgy hay.
so I wont recomend that brand (could just have a dud), intellect 1600 thats seems to be good to.
also make sure your end points are set so your not waisting the battery power

#5 · (Edited)
Hey there,

I have had pretty good runs with 1400mAh NiMh packs considering I use all digital ultra/super torque servos; one of these packs will last me a good days bashing (trouble is I bash multiple vehicles).

I have the Protek 2300 mAh LiPo for the LST2 which seems a pretty popular choice with all the usual advantages (and those potential risks) of LiPo.

However to do it on the cheap for long runtimes I reckon a DIY hump pack made from 5 2500 mAh NiMh cells would be pretty sweet if you strapped it onto your front shock tower. Bear in mind not all packs need to have all the cells close to each other, especially if you install the unit as a permanent pack like I have on my MG16 with a charge socket on the radio box:see below(the socket is beside the switch)...

I get massive run time from this Rx pack al though have not put more than 7 tanks through in one charge as I usually have multiple toys to bash..

#6 · (Edited)
#8 · (Edited)
Jamezy, did you listen when I told you about the 2700mah pack at Tempe. There is WAY bigger then 1400mah

CLICK HERE to link to eBay and have a look at this 2700mah pack

or

CLICK HERE and have a look at the one I bought for my Hyper 8.5 which works great and lasts AGES! This is also a Sanyo pack and Sanyo are very good quality batteries

Both packs are around $40 - $50 mate. How much would you pay for a 1400mah pack?

The more mAh you can get the better! And you want to stick to 6v so you can get the most out of your servos

#9 · (Edited)
Yeah the connector that goes to my battery pack from receiver i have to umm kinda force it in because the stock battery back isnt meant for the spektrum receiver the cord but anyway it fits and it works.

Ahah main event dont get angry !!! Reason i had second thoughts about what you were saying about the 2700mah because i was talking to someone and said the highest mah pack for lst2 is 1400 but yeah thanks a million

See you this sunday anyway

PS where will that pack fit ? and does that connector fit my receiver

Thanks!

#10 ·
I dont think that either of those batterys will fit into the LST stock battery holder!

I bought my IB pack for $30... you can get them cheaper, but i couldnt be bothered shopping around, i just got one from my LHS.

#11 · (Edited)
The 4x battery holder that came with the dx3.0 my step dad is adding 1 more battery slot hes good with that stuff and we can find a place to put it on the lst2

Any tips on attaching it to a place in the car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.