Australian RC Forums banner

Desert edition

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Boutzb 
#1 ·
supposedly only 100 of these will be released?

my lhs said he managed to get two of the 100.

what are your thoughts?

by the way, how much extra $$$ did you guys spend after the initial purchase for upgrades/repairs etc?

#3 ·
perhaps, but the rtr radio and servos are probably inadequate, and the paddle tyres are not that versatile... it might still be cheaper to buy the SS kit, and get a decent radio?

#8 ·
If anyone is interested in these for $1300, they come with a charger/discharger worth like $150 and 2 pipes, one uninstalled, better than stock. We are limited to how many we get but drop me a PM, I know Radical Hobbies are doing them for $1430.

Cheers

#9 · (Edited)
Boutzb - just go the SS kit mate.

Here is a link to the specs on mine: http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11924

i have spent (on top of $1300 for the kit) - actually, I don't want to know.

But I will skirt around the edges of my self conscience.
  • DX3R - you MUST get this. I have used the other boys 3.0's on their baja's, and the response rate is a lot better on the 3R. That was $370 (but you can use this on all your cars - 2.4gig, DSM2 - ohh raaaaght. Diggidy diggidy)
  • 18kg digital Servo (steering - comes with one from HPI, but I broke it!!) - $120
  • 13kg digital Servo - Throttle - $70
  • Outwearers. Don't know - check pwrslide racing.
  • 4600 Battery (a MUST) $50
  • DDM Dom Pipe - approx $150 (comes with a tuned pipe from HPI if $$ are an issue - but the Dominator pipe is exactly that)
  • Drift assist - dont bother - is from my drifter
  • Robinson Racing gears $115
  • Proline Badlands - $40 - $50 (can't remember)
  • 29cc big bore kit (can't remember - but, if you get this, it is not much different to the std SS 26cc, without the next item...)
  • ALLANACH RACE PORTING - this should be standard on all Bajas. If there is one thing you are going to drop off the list, don't let it be this one.
  • Darksoul beadlocks - Do not ask.
Total - don't know. Not going to even pretend to add it up. Aim for $2k, and not many people out there will catch you. And from here, all I can now say is :lalala:

Pls don't tell me what all that adds up to.

Anfo - the two pipes they come with are both HPI pipes. And the $$ for them are HPI $$. The x-can is sh!t. More of a silencer than anything. The HPI tuned pipe is ok, but nothing on the Doms.

#10 ·
Maybe i can save on some of those costs by waiting until the next time i go to hk. If the aussie $ continue to go up, i can probably get them for under 1.5k

i'm not in any rush to get a baja anyway...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.