: Latrobe Valley Model Aero Club

rcpatty
20-04-2008, 05:41 PM
We would like to announce HELIS IN THE VALLEY fun fly on the 31st May & 1st June :thumb::thumb:
All are welcome There will be a $10 entry fee which covers the whole weekend

Flying will start no earlier then 9am both days with food and drinks for sale on the Saturday & Sunday
Camping at the field will be available on the Friday & Saturday night; Hotels are also close to the field if anyone is interested
The field is located at Lake Narracan approximately 5km from Moe
Please feal free to contact me any time via PMís

Cheers Patty:preggers::preggers:

Skidd
20-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Having been day there in the last couple of weeks I can say that I do love this field... and the locals are friendly beyond compare.

If I can get a leave pass I'll be there with bells on Patty!

rcpatty
23-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Hey Guys
Heres some info on accommodation in Moe

Moe Motor Inn This oneís got a pub attached to it!!!!!:hungry::cheer2:
Twin share $100 per night
Free call 1800207207
Or 0351271166

Comfort Inn Moe
Twin share $90 per night

The comfort is where the guys that came down last time stayed

Cheers patty:director:

r2160
23-04-2008, 03:15 PM
I tell you from experience, these guys know how to look after guests, especially those hamburgers!

Pop down and have a look, you wont be disappointed!

glenn

chief_wiggum
13-05-2008, 11:06 AM
Hay guys just a bump. If ya interested in RC gear at all come along and have a look. If your a heli flier bring your machine along.

r2160
13-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Hey guys

how is the preparation coming along?

If any of you have thought about helis, pop on down and check these guys out!

cheers
Glenn

chief_wiggum
13-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Hay Glenny,

Yeah the preparations are coming along great. We are looking at have drag racing, maybe a timed flight and a scale fly off or something.

We will have heaps of prizes and raffles, all the sponsors have been great.

Seriously guys, if you are at all interested in helis or just rc in general i urge you to come along and check it out. There will be catering on both days and who knows you may meet guys from Qld, NSW and beyond!!!

chief_wiggum
14-05-2008, 08:06 PM
One day closer!!!

Chif
26-05-2008, 01:35 PM
wow, i have sunday off :) and im making a trip down to traralgon that day too, might have to leave early, pick up my friend and come have a look :), i just asked in another thread if there are any clubs around this area. Looks like i might get to meet a few of you.

chief_wiggum
28-05-2008, 11:11 PM
Hay Chif,

Drop in for sure. We have a map but i cant figure out how to post it in here.

Check out this link. On the first page is the map and all the details you will need. http://www.archeli.com.au/cobra/showthread.php?t=116002

If you have any question send me a PM as I'm the Vice President of the club and kinda the appointed helicopter event sorta outa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

Hope to see ya there

Chif
29-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Great! Seems like an easy enough place to get to, looks like i'll be getting up bright and early so i can make most of the day :). One thing i would like to ask, on this other forum you linked, it mentioned that 36mhz controllers need to be certified and the 2.4 need a c tick, what does this all mean?

Skidd
29-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Here's the map for those of you wanting to get there...

http://www.archeli.com.au/cobra/photoplog/images/28248/large/1_LVMAC.JPG

Club web site is here...

http://home.people.net.au/~lvmac/index.html

r2160
29-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Hey Chif

You should pop down to see these guys on the weekend. About 95% of your questions will be answered!

And you should see Skidd there too!!

cheers
Glenn

Skidd
29-05-2008, 10:05 AM

cheers
Glenn

What about yourself Glenni???

You could take the opportunity to deliver my canopy & blades, will save you the postage costs. :D

Seriously though, come down and say gidday, we can put you up for the night and shout you a home cooked meal!

Chif
29-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey Chif

You should pop down to see these guys on the weekend. About 95% of your questions will be answered!

cheers
Glenn

That'd be great :) Im really looking forward to this

chief_wiggum
29-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Its going to go off. We had a bit of a meeting and finalized some points last night.

Flying starts at 9.00am both day.

Heli Drag racing at lunch time (around 12.00 o'clock).

Full catering both days.

Night flying at the field followed by a group dinner and drinks in town at the local pub.

And fro the really pilos, the field we be open from friday lunch time for "test flying"

By the way Chif, whats your first name so we can look out for ya?

I will be easy to spot. I will have a club shirt on. Chris is my name.

r2160
29-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Hey Skidd

I had planned on it, but this weekend I am doing my foundation licence course. I only found out about the dates about a week or so ago, and given that these are only held pretty rarely, I have to take it on.

I know you guys will have a great time this weekend. The guys are great hosts. We had a blast last year!!!

cheers
Glenn

cheers
Glenn

What about yourself Glenni???

You could take the opportunity to deliver my canopy & blades, will save you the postage costs. :D

Seriously though, come down and say gidday, we can put you up for the night and shout you a home cooked meal!

chief_wiggum
29-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Glenny,

What is a Foundation License Course?

Peter
29-05-2008, 06:47 PM
it's an Amateur radio ;( ham radio) , licence

r2160
29-05-2008, 08:28 PM
The powers that control radio gear have made it a little easier to get into the amateur radio hobby (something I have wanted to do for about 20 years).

They now have a licence called a Foundation Licence, which has restrictions on power output etc, but allows people that dont know much about the hobby, to get involved, start working the radio while learning more about it to get a full licence.

The courses are usually held by clubs and are a little rare, so when this one came up, I jumped on it.

for info, I went to www.wia.org.au (http://www.wia.org.au) and my mate Peter and the guys at the Blue mountains club, are holding a course which unfortunately coincided with the part in Victoria :mad:

But I know you guys will try to hold up without me ;)

cheers
Glenn

Chif
29-05-2008, 11:28 PM
By the way Chif, whats your first name so we can look out for ya?

I will be easy to spot. I will have a club shirt on. Chris is my name.

Sorry mate i feel so rude, my names Andrew, but everyone calls me Chif in real life, so you guys can call me whatever :). I'll wear a white hoody and dark blue jeans i spose ;). I'll give you a call tomorrow sometime if you want? or i'll just give you a buzz on the saturday and you can tell me where you are. Thanks Chris, and thanks everyone for being so welcoming :)

rcpatty
30-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Hi Guys
For those that are driving down tomorrow and Saturday & Sunday have a safe trip, and enjoy our heli fun fly.

Hey pete i'll do a couple of Auto's for ya mate !!:poke::poke:
Cheers Patty:cheer2::cheer2:

chief_wiggum
30-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Sorry mate i feel so rude, my names Andrew, but everyone calls me Chif in real life, so you guys can call me whatever :). I'll wear a white hoody and dark blue jeans i spose ;). I'll give you a call tomorrow sometime if you want? or i'll just give you a buzz on the saturday and you can tell me where you are. Thanks Chris, and thanks everyone for being so welcoming :)

Not a problem at all. I will have my phone with me and if i dont answer i will be flying. We will be easy to spot, our club shirts are Blue and white with our names on em. Just introduce your self to one of us and you will be sweet.

See ya at the field. Im heading out there now!!!!!!!!!!!!

rcpatty
30-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Hey Andrew

I'll be the good looking one in the blue shirt !!:becky::becky::becky:

Cheers Patty:hippie:

Chif
30-05-2008, 11:00 AM
@ chris: i wanna head out there now! :p, only one more day to get through hehe, thanks chris. And is there any particular time you'd like me to give you a call?

@ patty: haha, i'll see you saturday then sexy :p,

Thanks guys

r2160
30-05-2008, 12:31 PM
@ chris: i wanna head out there now! :p, only one more day to get through hehe, thanks chris. And is there any particular time you'd like me to give you a call?

@ patty: haha, i'll see you saturday then sexy :p,

Thanks guys

Clearly you havent seen a photo of patty

lol

Hey patty when are you gunna take on the bikini you promised????

glenn

Chif
30-05-2008, 12:49 PM
haha im getting a bit scared :p, off to work now :( hopefully it'll fly by, might just have to find a place to sleep ;)

chief_wiggum
30-05-2008, 05:58 PM
Andrew anytime will be fine to call.

We spent the day at the field. How good was the weather...........

We are in for a treat this weekend.

Chif
30-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks mate,
Yeah the weather was good up this way too :) got my little electric thing out, then a slight breeze blew it into a brick wall :p, so much fun!
Yes this weekend will be brilliant :)
*edit*
I got home a few hours ago, and i was very impressed by all those helis! I had heaps of fun and got to meet you guys, thanks heaps for the advice, especially you patty ;), had a great time and i can't wait to get into the hobby. and now i got $100 to start off with, so thanks for that too guys!

rcpatty
02-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Hey Andrew =AKA Chif
Was great to see you over the weekend your more than welcome like Chris said, if you need a hand when you get your heli you know where to come the guys here are more than willing to help you and guide you on what to bye and where to bye.
Glenni hhehehehehe NO I didn’t wear my bikini!! I didn’t want to scare anyone away hehehehhehe:becky::becky:

Andrew did you drive down from lakes 2 days in a row or did you stay in Moe on Saturday night.??

Cheers Patty:tea::tea:

Peter
03-06-2008, 09:08 AM
So wheres some piccys , Patty ???? I suppose you had a good weekend ;);)....

Oh , HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:eek:

rcpatty
03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Hey Pete
What a weekend my bones are still getting over it canít keep up with them young blokes !:crutch:
The piccys are over that way >>>>>>>>>
Donít forget your booked for next year.
Bye the way Iím catching up to ya hehehehe thanks mate.:horn:

Cheers Patty:D

Chif
03-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Hey Andrew =AKA Chif
Was great to see you over the weekend your more than welcome like Chris said, if you need a hand when you get your heli you know where to come the guys here are more than willing to help you and guide you on what to bye and where to bye.
Glenni hhehehehehe NO I didnít wear my bikini!! I didnít want to scare anyone away hehehehhehe:becky::becky:

Andrew did you drive down from lakes 2 days in a row or did you stay in Moe on Saturday night.??

Cheers Patty:tea::tea:

Hey patty, nah i stayed at a friends house, the one that was with me on the first day, that was in traralgon. and that little bloke on the sunday was my brother, he's pretty keen for me to get into it aswell hehe. BUt yeah iw as really impressed by it all, and it seeems like a great hobby not just because flying hellis is awsome, but theres a whole bunch of good people there to hang out with and talk to, loved it!

rcpatty
03-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi Andrew
Itís good to here you didnít drive to lakes and back again.
Let us know where your ready to get a heli and stuff weíll help ya out, yeah were a friendly lot.:peace:
Keep in touch and come down any time.
What you do need to work out is what mode you want to fly mode 2 or mode 1 out club is about even on both so itís up to you.:bang:
Catch ya soon:playball:
Cheers Patty:D

chief_wiggum
03-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Hay go mode 1. hehehehe

Nah man, people will try and tell you that mode 1 is better because blar blar blar, and NO mode 2 is better because blar blar blar...................

At the end of the day it does not matter at all. Pick the mode that you feel comfortable with and you will be sweet. The only time it will matter is when your learning and someone needs to test fly your heli, But as patty said, there is a good mix of both mode 1 and 2 at our club so you will be right either way.

Mode 1 there is me!!!!!! Mode 2 there is Patty & Jase the can test fly for ya.

Chif
03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah from what i saw mode 1 seemed a bit easier for me, i didnt get a hold of a controller though, so next time i see some people i'll ask to have a hold and see which is more comfortable, but im thinking mode 1 will be for me

rcpatty
03-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Andrew
When you get your TT 50 engine of Chris iv'e got a muffler for it you can have we'll get ya started !!
Cheers Patty:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Chif
03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks patty :D this is really exciting haha

rcpatty
09-12-2008, 06:58 AM
WTF !!!!!

Cheers Patty:mad::mad:

AUSRC
09-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Don't worry Patty... I got him...

rcpatty