Australian RC Forums banner

bass hill

4K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  councilworker 
#1 ·
i went to bass hill yesterday and today and the rangers are coming heavy on people who drive there rc's on the parking lot, either we are going to get kicked out or a new racing circuit is going to be built there.i think the problem is the baja's. when you get a lot of them there, they do make a lot of noise going up and down the parking lot. so we have to be self regulated or lose the spot.

what is your option??:confused:

#2 ·
Yea it is quite loud. IM usually down at my relo's on the weekends which is just round the bend from bass hill. You can hear them very clear. Even across the hume highway traffic. its music to my ears but could be troublesome for other people.

#4 ·
Hey guys. I was down there myself sat & sun, the rangers said to me that if we put partition to council we could have something done to fix the problem. I suggest we partition to have a 5ft dirt mound built along the fence that's closest to the houses (southern side) on the bush side of the logs. This will prove to be an effective sound barrier and save everyone a lot of grief I believe. What do you guys reckon?

#5 · (Edited)
don't forget shorty someone has to live in the area to start a partition or it's a waste of time.

also did you fix your car for next week yet>

#6 ·
Yer there's a few guys up there that are locals and a couple of hobby shops inside the council area and for something like this you might even find the local residents would be keen to sign up. After all it is to make them happy as well as keep our bash spot....

#7 ·
it will be a shame if we lose this spot, i hope someone who lives in the area or a someone who has a hobbie shop in the area can start a petition. don't forget fellas once it's gone it's there no more!!

#9 ·
i went there yesterday after getting some supplies to have a look and catch up with some friends.it's official, there are signs up saying no rc's allowed and the rangers are going to hand out fines.

#11 ·
well, one on the guys told me that, the ranger told him to turn it off when he was in the dirt area, so?

#13 ·
I have not had a chance to go bashing at Bass Hill as yet but have had a look and can't wait to have a go. I am not sure if you guys have been there Menai looks like good spot. Just off the side of the road, Seems to be less Trail Bikes there now. My Brother in law has 100 acres and he has 4 acres set aside to go nuts on, just needs a few minor adjusments.

#15 ·
Farm

Anything can happen, It was originally set aside for a Dune Buggy and Trail bike. It is a little overgown so we need to clear it out again. The dam is also big enough for us to run our 2 Thunder Tiger tunnel boats on. Just a little cold when you need to dive in after a roll over. By the way the farm is at Bungonia around 1 hour and 20 away. It also has a huge gully running through it filled with sand.

#18 ·
Anything can happen, It was originally set aside for a Dune Buggy and Trail bike. It is a little overgown so we need to clear it out again. The dam is also big enough for us to run our 2 Thunder Tiger tunnel boats on. Just a little cold when you need to dive in after a roll over. By the way the farm is at Bungonia around 1 hour and 20 away. It also has a huge gully running through it filled with sand.
tell you what even the baja's would love it:thumb:.

#17 ·
#20 ·
hi
how r u all first post and i wanted to join just to give u all some inside info
u will get fined if u go there and the rangers are called
but on the plus side some of u may remember the rc tarck at the top of lansdown opposite mirrembenna that i was unfortunately a part of flattening plz dont hate me its my job lol, but the may possibly be somehting in the pipeline to go back there.
can i suggest that who ever it is out of u guys that speak with council push for this spot.
cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.