Australian RC Forums banner

Howdy All

3K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  dvestate 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just realised that I haven't posted my Hello Thread :)

It's been a while since I had the 1/8 Nitro Buggy out due to work (and the fact I broke the car), started to get everything rebuilt at the start of the year and pointed onto the site by se1z who had been looking to get into Off-Road RC.

Met some awesome blokes through the site, via se1z, already and I'm sure there will be more to come.

Looking to get into racing down at LRRCC, and grabbing a Truggy for myself in the near future :D

M1K

#3 ·
Nice to see some friendly competition coming into play :)

Wont make it down to the track this weekend to race but will definately be down the track on the 16th

#5 ·
Why does everyone want to beat me????? I've only run the old track, and that was 2 years ago.......

I think Dan's going to be the man to beat :)

#6 ·
What days do they have casual comp down at LRRCC? I've always been keen to try racing, i pulled out a Rolling Hyper 8 chassis I had lying around, put it together with a motor and stuff.

I'd be keen to head down there, when is a good day to go?

#8 ·
What days do they have casual comp down at LRRCC? I've always been keen to try racing, i pulled out a Rolling Hyper 8 chassis I had lying around, put it together with a motor and stuff.

I'd be keen to head down there, when is a good day to go?
LRRCC usually run events every couple of weeks that are club events, so more casual atmosphere. I think the last Sunday of every month is usually a practice day, unless they have some meetings to catch up on due to rain, etc.

Events are generally on Sunday's, there should be a meet for the next 3 Sundays as they need to catch up on their schedule after a few cancelled meetings.

#11 ·
Sure can, just have to get there in the morning for Registration (usually around 8am) and track time usually starts around 8:30ish

Pretty sure your first race meet is free, after that there are fees involved but I'm not 100% sure what they are...... I'll check and post something back here :D

#12 ·
This Sunday is the 1st round of the Autumn challenge. All are welcome to come and race. First meet is free, all others after that are $30 or $20 when you purchase membership. It's alot of fun, you usually get about 5 races a day, one being a final (usually 20 mins or so). 10 minute heats are the usual rate. So come down this Sunday, however the night before you come down, or in the morning, check www.lrrcc.com in the forums for information on whether a meet has been cancelled or is still on.
Usually an organiser will post to confirm that the meet is running.

Cheers

#15 ·
I wont make racing this week due to a IT shutdown at work but should be down in the arvo to watch some action and say hello :)

#17 ·
So... for a n00b... a few questions... (im sure Dvestate wont mind we are taking over his thread) ;)

When I do go to an event, whats the plan for a new guy?

Do I need a pit man?
Will I be racing other first timers? - I'd hate to be a mobile road block :/
Is the membership fee payable on my first (free) visit, or it starts from my second?
And finally... is there a link to the webpage with all the rules and/or an FAQ for new guys like myself?

:)

#21 ·
GUYS you have misunderstood. Tents are NOT pre-set, people bring their own. They only pre-set them at State titles and Proline events where people from interstate need shelter. You need to bring your own table and a tent if you wish, but the table is a must unless you have a ute or something that you can use the tray. First meet is FREE, no payments made, you just register and race. As for classes, we have a fairly good system. 10 people usually per heat, the race organisers put the well known, competitive drivers in heat 1 or heat 2 if need be, so basically you'll be in the lowest heat for your first time (slower, less experienced drivers), and as you do well in future meets they may start putting you in higher ones. This is to ensure the good drivers can have a flowing, uninterrupted race and the new guys can simply circulate and learn the track, not worrying too much about crashing.

As for pit men, you can bring a friend if you want or just ask someone at the track on the day if they can help out. Most of the time they'll say yes unless they're close to racing or doing repairs.

Hope that's answered most questions.

Cheers

#22 ·
Cheers anf0, sounds good to me. I'm keen and SE1Z has two other mates as well that are looking to get out there. I'll just use the back of my ute when I finally get the damn thing from the dealership, waiting for a month now... But, I guess you gotta expect that

#23 ·
As anf0 said you don't need a pit man but its handy to have one, if you come with mates they'll spilt you into different groups so you can pit each other etc....... obviously if you all make the final you'll have to ask some people but they wont mind :)

I'm lucky, I've already got a tent I can bludge under (Good to know some racers) but Seiz if you and the boys get into it we can look at getting together as a group and purchasing one for us......

#24 ·
A normal tent 3m by 3m will hold about 4 people when setup right, we squeeze 3 tables under ours. It gets crowded real quick as on the day nothing stays in the toolbox, it ends up all over the place! Who will you be with dvestate? Might come say hello.

#25 ·
More than likely with John Jnr, Michael P, and Lindsay........ Will pop in this week to say hello but wont be racing until next week due to work commitments :(

#29 ·
Cant wait to get on the track with ya dvestate...

One thing is for sure, look out for rckal and se1z...... not to beat you but when YOU LAP them they may try and take you out of the race.

ohhh and what ever you do....... keep your feet high and dry..

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.