Australian RC Forums banner

i must have the worst luck ever

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  obsessed 
#1 ·
i what appears to be a never ending string of problems, something new decided to break.

Not quite sure what its called, but the crank shaft (?) has snapped where the flywheel meets the clutch bell, with some of it still in the pilot shaft!!!!!! so angry. the worst part is i was just driving medium pace, doing nothing special.

how do i replace this? i dont really wanna take the engine apart, but i guess i will have to. is such a part easy to find?

does anyone know who to contact about warranty from tamiya?

#3 ·
mine has done that, unfortunately its going to be hard to find a replacement part as i have tried and tried but no luck. at the end, a mate of mione just gave me another engine. its ashame its a good reliable powerful engine but it sucks not being able to find the part for it.
by all means try and look for one and if you do, let me know.
the engine that my mate gave me was a mach 427, and its screams a lot harder than the stock .32.

#4 ·
i what appears to be a never ending string of problems, something new decided to break.

Not quite sure what its called, but the crank shaft (?) has snapped where the flywheel meets the clutch bell, with some of it still in the pilot shaft!!!!!! so angry. the worst part is i was just driving medium pace, doing nothing special.

how do i replace this? i dont really wanna take the engine apart, but i guess i will have to. is such a part easy to find?

does anyone know who to contact about warranty from tamiya?
Obsessed, my TNX engine died on me a while ago, the big end let go and killed the crankcase and all. I went straight to a guy called Steven at Toy Traders in Lidcombe, they're the Tamiya distributers. This guy is the service manager for Tamiya and was really helpful. Although he couldn't replace my engine, because it had been used for a while and there isn't really any warranty once you've started the engine, he spoke to the sales manager for Tamiya and they offered me a new FX32 for a reduced price. Although it was more expensive than I could get a different engine for it was a much cheaper price than in ANY hobby shop in Australia. The service guy really was helpful and genuinely sorry that it had happened and that he couldn't swing it as warranty replacement. And Toy Traders were perfectly happy to deal directly with me ( My LHS leaves a lot to be desired ).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.