: Spectra G

bayselec
30-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Hey Guys,
What is an acceptable amount a the fan can be out on my spectra g.
Using a dial indicator it is 0.02mm out.

Caleb.R
30-09-2007, 10:30 PM
By memory, I think you have to aim for 0.01 , Pete will be able to tell ya

Peter
01-10-2007, 04:54 PM
If my maths is right , .02mm is very close to 1 thousandth of an inch ( I'm old school !!) , so thats pretty good ! . I'm happy if I get them to under 2 thousandths of an inch ,, The G isn't as critical as a 90 nitro heli , way lower revs and lots more rotating mass in the motor too ....

But they are great to fly......

bayselec
01-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks Peter thats what I was hoping to hear.
Gave it a run today there is a little bit of vibration which is hopfully just tuning of motor to fix.
Its only had 2 liters through it and is a bit rich.

rcpatty
01-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Hey Rob
How did you go with balancing the fan? Work out good did it? when the engine's run in it’ll be smooth ass, the vibration will be to next to nothing . :flame:
Man you gotta get that canopy painted!! :amen:
Patty
:hat:

Turbo Dave
01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
When you want it painted, I Know a guy hehe
Here is a sample..............

http://www.archeli.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10682/September_Canopies_019.jpg

bayselec
01-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey Patty
Worked out ok I think.
Did it as you said using the spacers you sent me.:thumb:
I,ve also put the cup washers around the right way on the spindle.:rolleyes:
Also added some shims as Glenn suggested.
Going to have a go at doing my canopy this week, I dont think it will look as goods as Turbo Daves though.:D

Peter
01-10-2007, 07:10 PM
that does look good Dave . It your work or Blingboy ?

One of my G's fell down yesterday , tail hub broke at threaded bit , blade and grip flew off .. If I'd been 10ft higher it would have been painless , but just didnt quite stop the piros when it landed in the grass . it just tipped over and broke a V... coulda been lots worse though ..
It'll be flying again next weekend!!

Cylinder for the Hanson 26 is here too , so all 3 will cop it ......:):):)

rcpatty
01-10-2007, 07:17 PM
That's great Rob ! i'm gald i was some help :horn:
I cant wait till Bendgio.:cheer2:
That's blingboys canopy :flame:

Patty :hippie:

Peter
26-11-2007, 06:10 PM
I gave all 3 of my Spectra G's a bit of a workout yesterday , I know why I like em even more now....

They all have different motors ; one has a Hanson 26 Pro , another has a TRM 231, last has a std Zenoah 231.. All run great , the 26 has lots more grunt , as to be expected ; but its also the smoothest, but not by much at all .. I have a Tempest head on one, though I doubt if I'd spend the extra $$ again , the std Extreme head is awesome......

And I only used a bit over a litre of unleaded petrol ( 32:1 petrol/oil mix ) to have lots of fun !!!!:thumb::thumb:

bayselec
26-11-2007, 06:54 PM
The G is good fun alright. :D
Am still coming to terms with the tuning but luckily have another couple of gasser guys in our club to point me in the right direction.
Have got some heavier paddles to try shall be interesting to see the difference next weekend.

rcpatty
05-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Hey Guys.
Iv'e just about got my new Spactra G finished, this one has the Tempest head and the sooped up Hanson 260PUH just been chasing up servos going to use Futaba s9351's, they have 13kgs of torque each so that'll give me more power at the swash plate at 39 kgs that will be more than i'll ever need or want!!:eek:
I gotta see about putting some pics up here next, i have some up over there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> get me drift !!:boink:

Patty:fish2:

AUSRC
05-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Hey Patty,

I spoke to Glenni this morning, and I will hopefully have my G before the end of the year. Also with a Tempest head.

I am going to go crazy like yourself and put a Hanson 26 in. I am liking the look of the Futaba BLS451 Servos (brushless).. monster torque and at .10 sec.

Which pipe did you put on the Hanson? Century v3?

rcpatty
05-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey Chris.
I went for the Century V3 this time it looks like it'll stay on longer than my Hatori i have on the one i'm flying now,every 3 flights it come's lose but with saying that i've done a mod to it so i'm hopeing it will fix the problem.
Funny you said that about the servos you'r going to use,i was going to get them instead of the 9351's but BLS451's were out of stock !! BUMMER!!.
Just a tip Chris don't get them from Servo City:bang: our mate Peter knows about my plight !
Chris when you get your new Speckey G mate, you'll love it.:thumb: the one i'm flying now is a rocket :flame:and soooooooooooooooo cheap to run.
Cheers Patty.:director:
ps the site's looking great mate !!

rcpatty
05-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey Chris.
Can i bye more icons ??:boink: i seem to be running out of them :noidea: hhhhhehhehehehehe

Patty:bathbaby:

AUSRC
05-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Pete had already mentioned your Servo City issue.....

I can't wait. I know Pete's Hanson 26 is a weapon.. and they certainly seem to have great after sales support too. I know when he cracked a cylinder (gravity attack), it was not a problem.

rcpatty
05-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Hey Chris
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm servos we won't go there !:bang:
Al at Hanosn's is great to deal with, i got my engine in 5 days from order, i wasen't quite sure about the freeplay in the crank so i e-mailed him, but he builds the freeplay in for a reason so i found out.:o
Also if you get a engine of him he has the Centruy V3 mufflers as well saves on shipping.
patty:thumb:

rcpatty
05-02-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey Chris.
My new gasser has finally run in and its going like a rocket at last!!:cheer2: I bet Pete would be saying the same thing, Id like to thank Pete:rockon: for all his help in helping me get this gasser going properly I just have a couple more things to do with it then I can go start setting up my other gasser.
Id love to come fly with you guys some day.:plane:

Patty the happy camper :rain:
ps still raining down there pete ? hehehhehehe

Peter
14-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Just might have to force myself to give all 3 of my Spectra G's a hard time tomorrow, cos it'll be Friday , and that's a HELI FLYING day here on the Coast !!!

:thumb::thumb:

revmax
16-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Yep Spectra G's are definatly the G O .