Australian RC Forums banner

HELP - Spectrum fail safe set up

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  jjjrules 
#1 ·
I have a spectrum set up through a Futaba 3pk.

i was of the understanding that spectrum had a failsafe option built in.

Buggered if I can get it to work.

I set the failsafe as full brake on the 3pkTX but when I try it the srvo just goes to neutral rather than brake

Any ides?Edited by: jjjrules

#3 ·
John,

With my DX7, the setting of the failsafe is done through the binding process from memory.

What about travel and EPA's for the servos themselves. Is all ok in this area?

Cheers,

Steve

(PS - Mini Titan is airborne mate - wow - 3 second hovers are happening already!
)

#4 ·
Thanks wooly and pilot Steve

Wooly's link showed me that Spectrum on a 3pk has to be run in PPM mode which does not offer the fail safe option.

Weird thing is that when I plug in a normal fail safe unit into the throttle servo it als does something weird. When I switch the TX off the failsafe works for 1 second and then the servo returns to neutral - it's as if the fails safe unit works but is then over-ridden by the Spectrum RX.

Antone had similar probs?

#5 ·
I know what it is now - When the TX gets switched off the receiver loses signal and turns the power off to the servos - therefore the servos can't hold the failsafe position.

I've tried 3 different SR3000 receivers and they are all the same.

Suely there must be a way around this - heaps of people must use these things on nitro cars - are they all running with noi failsafes?

Anybody able to help me out here?

ta

jEdited by: jjjrules

#6 ·
forum tip #1.

just typing heeeelllpppp!!! as descriptions tends to get less hits than actually typing a proper description.

most ppl cant be arsed actually looking into every "heellp" thread to see what the topic is about, and since the name has absolutely no info on what the thread is about it never comes up ina search preventing other users from referring back to this post (therefore creating more threads for the same question)

i had no troubles at all setting up the s3000 failsafe featureon my mates bug + tourer.Edited by: Oblivion

#7 ·
jjjrules said:
I know what it is now - When the RX gets switched off</span> the receiver loses signal and turns the power off to the servos - therefore the servos can't hold the failsafe position.

I've tried 3 different SR3000 receivers and they are all the same.
how can you expect the failsafe to work without power?

failsaves are designed to come on when
- signal is lost due to tx switched off
- signal out of range
- rx batt voltage low (but still something there for the failsafe to work with)

#8 ·
Thanks for the tip on the title Bliv - glad you were arsed enough to look.

I've changed the title so can you please tell me how you set it up now?

Boutzb - I meant to say TX - I'll change that too. When I switch the TX off to test the failsafe thelight on the RX goes off despite the power from the RX batt still being on.

#9 ·
well i dont own a spek system myself coz im still happy with xs3 40mhz.

but when i set both my mates spek 3000 Rx's up recently all i done was download the manuals from modelflight.com in pdf format and followed the instructions to the letter and all worked fine.

pretty dumb Q i know, but they are bound to the TX and working properly when your trying to set the failsafe, yeah?

#10 ·
Thanks every one - I've discovered the problem.

I've been suffering from a severe case of imbecilitis which reacted poorly with my existing condition of didn'treadtheinstructionsproperlyosis

Phew - I'm hungry - Humble pie anyone?Edited by: jjjrules

#11 ·
dont worry JJJ, as males we all suffer the same problem

get a new dvd player, or stereo, or other hi-tech equip and youtoss manual over left shoulder and just punch buttons till you figure it out.

then 6mth later the dog steps on the remote and you jump up ina mad panic "ooohhh!!! i didnt know it had that feature too, how the hell did the dog find that?"
Edited by: Oblivion

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.