Australian RC Forums banner

Headlights for an Off-Road Buggy

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  birdie 
#1 ·
I have an X-Terminator 2 1/8 Scale Off Road Buggy, and i am looking for some headlights/spotlights for mounting on the front of my buggy so that i can drive it a bit later into the evening, atm as soon as it gets slightly dark i can't see what direction the car is facing so i want to setup some lights (LEDs) for headlights on the front and the back, I could just buy some LEDs but being an Off road Buggy there is basically no front to the shell... so i am wanting some mounts that look like mini spotlights which can then be mounted into the top surface of shell and then it should look like its got spotties and i then be able to see the direction its pointing in...

See less See more
#7 ·
You get a set of light buckets for the HPI Baja and install this light set.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product2154.html

They even have a more expensive setup that you can turn off and on with the thrid channel of your radio if you have a channel spare.

#9 ·
JoshCafe: at Bundaberg

I have came up with another idea... Dad has an old Tamiya HotShot laying around that he built soon after he got married: http://classictamiyarc.com/tamcars24.html

Anyway so my idea is to steal the lights of the Hotshot and then adapt them to suit my car... all they require is just a small hole to mount (they have a screw that goes into the base of them through the plastic of the body)... and then i'll just drill a small hole in the front for an LED (tossing up between 5mm LEDs and 10mm LEDs... or multiple 5mm LEDs) and a small hole out the back to run the wires back into the body.

I am thinking of just using a 9V battery to run them (with the appropriate resistors obviously) so i don't have extra drain (albeit very minor) and also don't have to get a y adaptor for either the battery or a servo lead

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.