Australian RC Forums banner

where to position fail-safe

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  koinonas 
#1 ·
At the moment, I have my fail-safe inside the space with my receiver
& battery pack on my Hyper 8. It doesnt seem to be the best place
cos I can't see it without taking the lid off, and therefore may not see
if it's indicating flat batteries. Where do you put yours??

#2 ·
I would put tie downs on it around where the receiver goes into, on the outside.

And if you can try to get some plastic see through cover for it just incase it gets wet. I have experienced it getting wet and not working again.

Hope it helps.

#3 ·
I agree with agressive1,right on top of the reciever box lid.Drilled two small holes in the lid,ran a zip tie through to hold it on,and used a small blob of silicone sealent to stop water getting in the reciver box.Job done

#4 ·
I can't really understand why you need to see the light flashing to check if your batteries are okay. I make sure my batteries are charged before any bash...or at least know how much use they have had if I have had a bash, say today & I am going out again tomorrow. I always make sure my failsafe is operating before I start my car by switching my tx on/off/on. Also when your car is anymore that two meters away or travelling at speed there is no way you will see if the light is blinking or not. The failsafes on all my savages are tucked away insied the receiver box & on my rs4 its strapped under the battery which is strapped to the underside of the upper deck

#5 ·
I prefer it on the outside cause the little blinking light looks good
.Just kidding,I check it intermmitently while driving to double check its working (especially if waters about),but thats just me being a bit paranoid maybe.

#7 ·
I echo what other ppl have already said. I'd put it in the battery/radio box. Why?
<UL>
<LI>battery/radio box protects it from dust/water etc</LI>
<LI>no risk of it falling out</LI>
<LI>less risk of anything getting caught/damaging any wiring to failsafe.</LI>[/list]

I also don't see any point of seeing any flashing lights etc on the failsafe. You should always test your electrics before you start the motor. And once your running the car's too fast and far away for you to see any lights anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.