Australian RC Forums banner

Nutech Thunderbolt 3

6K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  little_drifter 
#1 ·
Hey dudes

Here is my latest toy...

Its a Nutech Thunderbolt 3. I bought it on ebay for $450. Its only 2 tanks old.

It has a CY29cc, its pretty much bog stock except the pipe on the back which sounds good but looks crap.

There are not many pipes available for this cars due to the motor being offset to one side a little and the rear shock tower being in the way of a pipe that goes straight out. I wont to get ride of this pipe ASAP as I can see it getting ripped out pretty quick.

It seems very strong and well put together. I am really happy with this purchase, I recon it was a bargain at $450 considering they are about $800 new.

Anyway here are some pics....

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive design

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Wheel

Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

See less See more
#2 ·
certainly is different to the original thunderbolt
looks more compact internally but that could just be cause the fuel tank faces the other way
nice buy tho

#7 ·
Lol Simon is everywhere. Best to see if somebody has his email I'm not sure if he checks forums often

Also an olimat pipe will bring your engine to life! I won one and love it!!

#11 ·
Well I got to take this out for the first time today when I met up with a few of the Adelaide boys.

I didnt really get to test it out on the track as the BMX track we went to was over crowded by snooty nose mums and dads from teh eastern suburbs who wouldnt share the track with us.

But I go to bash around with it and managed a few jump and I must say I am impressed with this thing.

It handles so well and jumps so nice. It seems well balanced in the air.

I really like the sound of the pipe, its got a nice "bark" to it (plus its loud!), how ever I didn't go to hardcore with the jumps as it was hitting the ground on the not so perfect landings.

I will really have to get me a different pipe. I even managed to get my pipe stuck in the front wheel of scozz's baja! haha

I look forward to taking this to the Salisbury Heights track or even SALS!

#14 ·
SO I bought another cheap pipe off ebay (the same thats on my baja) and thought I would have a go at making it fit the TB3.

I spent about 3 hours yesterday cutting the pipe up and mounting it etc etc.

Long storey short is, it fits but it looks ugly. And since I dont have a welder I had to add a heap of silicon hose and ring clamps and its not very secure. IT sounds ok but its not good enough for me.

I also butchered the big arse pipe that was on it when I bought it......so right now I dont have a pipe for it!! Grr

But PSR has a jetpro that is in stock so Ill have to go and get it tomorrow. Even though I have to work tomorrow, Ill have to fit it in some how!

Stay tuned for pics.

#15 ·
Matty, i'm sure one of the SALS boys can help you out with welding that pipe together!

get out there and get up here for nats!!

#16 ·
The new pipe turned up today at PSR, so I went and picked it up.

Its a Jetpro and it sounds friggen awesome! It gives more power then the crappy one it came with.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Automotive design Camera lens Motor vehicle Camera

Did I mention it sounds awesome!?

I have adjusted the H needle and now it has a great top end.

Look out Scott your Baja will be no match now in a straight line! I look forward to a drag race!

#17 ·
The new pipe turned up today at PSR, so I went and picked it up.

Its a Jetpro and it sounds friggen awesome! It gives more power then the crappy one it came with.

View attachment 32090

View attachment 32074

View attachment 32082

View attachment 32098

View attachment 32106

Did I mention it sounds awesome!?

I have adjusted the H needle and now it has a great top end.

Look out Scott your Baja will be no match now in a straight line! I look forward to a drag race!
can i have your old one too see if it fits mine

#18 ·
I don't have an old one. When I bought it second hand it came with a big arse ebay pipe which you have seen. I cut that up so its now useless. But if you can weld then you can have it. But check out the first pics, it hangs out the rear too far and it will snap off in a crash, Hence the reason I bought this new Jetpro which is AWESOME! :)

As if I bump into you at PSR today. haha

#19 ·
thats ok i can weld but not that good so ill keep looking or wait for my engine to blow and buy a 4 bolt and pipe
was strange seeing you there to say the least lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.