Olive green smoke packets...different taste ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned
    Mr.Leopard is on a distinguished road

Olive green smoke packets...different taste ?

Any of the smokers out there see a different taste in their smokes from the original packs to the new *** green packs ?? The green packs don't taste the same and taste like ass

It's not mental thinking as I even dumped new smokes in an old pack I had that was still half full and mixed em up and they are noticeabley different ?

I've tried Dunhill blue Winfield blue and gold Benson hedges rich and smooth peter Stuyvesant classics and filter and they all taste the same where the old packs taste different from one another ??

And if you notice they are all made in Australia and have the same phone number on the side of the pack

****ing shlt I say ! Green packaging to cover up another sneaky move of the government ....no more importing of foreign smokes so that they can make everything here and collect twice the amount of money per pack

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God
    BeatsMe is on a distinguished road BeatsMe's Avatar
    Hint, hint mate.... i think they are trying to make you give up... either that or kill you all you dirty smokers off ha ha
    Proud member of SSME - Large Scale Off Road Section.
    Proud driver of anything from MCD Racing, purchased from PowerSlide Racing.

www.mcdracingforum.com

R/C Apprentice Blazin is on a distinguished road Blazin's Avatar
    Yeah Roko was saying the same thing up in QLD and he was saying he was actually feeling sick from the new packs aswell.
    SOLS - Sydney Offroad Large Scale

Banned
    Yah...they taste a lot different to the old stuff

When you smoke close to 2 packs a day it's very noticeable

I remember when they brand that fire retardant **** out ...first smoke I wanted to spew....second smoke and I threw the full pack out the window as I was driving and started smoking roliies

Bloody unbelievable.....****ing Gillard government

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

The ****en nanny government u mean!

R/C Apprentice rcroadtrain is on a distinguished road rcroadtrain's Avatar
    Any of the smokers out there see a different taste in their smokes from the original packs to the new *** green packs ?? The green packs don't taste the same and taste like ass
    YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE THE PACKET!!!!

I've only just bought my first green pack, of 'Rich Sky Blue' Drum rollie tobacco... I'll let you know if it tastes different to 'the old one..'
    real trucks bend in the middle, better trucks bend more than once...

R/C God
    BeatsMe is on a distinguished road BeatsMe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcroadtrain View Post
    YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SMOKE THE PACKET!!!!
    Proud member of SSME - Large Scale Off Road Section.
    Proud driver of anything from MCD Racing, purchased from PowerSlide Racing.

www.mcdracingforum.com

R/C Apprentice ozziii is on a distinguished road ozziii's Avatar
    I haven't taken much notice myself, I smoke choice blue so they taste like crap anyway, maybe it will make me give up sooner, more money for RC then.
    will have to try out some Longbeach or PJ's or something & see how they taste now. I'm getting some of them Champix tabs next friday so won't be smoking much longer anyway.
    TEAM JQ AUSTRALIA. Stuff I like & use, paid for by me.
    JQ PRODUCTS "THE Car" Yellow Edition & RTR, NAA "GODZILLA" modified engine, Sanwa Radio
    NEO+ fuel, SAVOX servo's, MAX Racing oils, M2C clutch, SWEEP tyres, Bitty Design, JConcepts.

R/C God BIG-block will become famous soon enough BIG-block's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatsMe View Post
    Hint, hint mate.... i think they are trying to make you give up... either that or kill you all you dirty smokers off ha ha
    Well said mate and it probably has a bit to do it. They want to make smoking as unapealing as possible. Looks and flavor is being altered just to get as many people to quit as possible.

Also government is not making any money from you smokers. That is the most stupid comment i have ever read. Even if you smoke two packs a day the revenue raised from your smoking pales in comparison to what it takes to keep a smoker alive for just one week after they develop lung cancer. It costs stupid amounts of money. Not having a go at you smomekers (although I do hate the smell and wish everyone would quit) but just stating a simple fact. Government would not be going at this length to try and get people to quit if they were making money from them. If they were making money they would just run a few quit adds on tv to apear to be caring for our health and well being and just leave the smokes and packaging as it is. Thats certainly not the case.
    Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2
    BASH-BREAK-FIX-REPEAT. ALWAYS REPEAT.

Banned
    if they didnt want people to smoke....dnt sell smokes? its just like cocaine....they dont want people on cocaine hence why its not sold in stores and its an even bigger killer than cigeretes

80% if not more of what you pay for a pack of smokes is tax believe it or not.... the storeowner makes about 10% on a pack

and appealing or not....if they didnt like people smoknig its simple enough to pull all packets off shelves and stop sellnig them

i think its a cover up for them to make the smokes in australia rather than importing them and they use the green packets to cover it up

They have been making smokes in Australia for years mate.
    My dad worked there for 12 years. Maybe it's just in our heads cause I don't really notice any difference and I don't smoke regularly so I would notice the change in taste?

R/C God schmarkoDave is on a distinguished road schmarkoDave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Leopard View Post
    if they didnt want people to smoke....dnt sell smokes? its just like cocaine....they dont want people on cocaine hence why its not sold in stores and its an even bigger killer than cigeretes

80% if not more of what you pay for a pack of smokes is tax believe it or not.... the storeowner makes about 10% on a pack

and appealing or not....if they didnt like people smoknig its simple enough to pull all packets off shelves and stop sellnig them

i think its a cover up for them to make the smokes in australia rather than importing them and they use the green packets to cover it up
    While I'm sure they do make heaps of money out of selling a packet, as bigblock said they probably spend just as much if not more on keeping sick smokers alive in the public health system. I've always wondered why not just ban them, cos if anything else was killing so many people a year it would be banned, far less people have died from asbestosis yet asbestos is illegal (not trying to downplay asbestos here, just highlighting my point). But recently it has occurred to me that unless Tue cigarettes are banned all over the world and manufacturing is just stopped people will import them illegally, just like drugs, maybe. Either that or there's just too many smokers in the government that don't want to give up their ciggies. Who knows
    President and Race Director - Pine Hills Dirt Racing
    RC8T FT CE e-conversion Tekin Rx8/T8 - the Day-Glo speedster
    RC8T FT nitro - Go GXII 5R HO
    Kyosho MP9 TKI 1 (and a half :p ) e-conversion coming
    3racing Sakura XI Sport - speed passion reventon R, yeah racing hackmoto

Senior Moderator
    towie964 will become famous soon enough towie964 will become famous soon enough towie964's Avatar
    I read a long time back, something written by the Cheif Economist employed by the then Liberal Govt....He stated in his review that if everyone gave up smoking or the Govt banned smoking, the Govt would be forced to push fuel prices to $10 per litre just to recoup the losses from the Taxes the govt reaps on Cigarette taxes and Excise.
    This was a statement made close to 10 years ago under the Howard Govt.

As a result of his findings, the Govt raised a new tax...it was called a Stick Tax and was per cigarette....really think the Govt wants Smokers to give up.....Not a chance, they want it to look like they want smoking to stop while reaping Billions in tax every year.

They even reduced the number of cigarettes you could bring in Duty Free, so as to increase revenue. 2 packets instead of 2 cartons means more tax to the Govt....not less smokers

Currently, around 76% of all tobacco sales in Australia goes to the Govt in Tax, only 24% goes to the cost of growing and manufacturing the product

Read these articles and see for yourself

http://www.bata.com.au/group/sites/B...document&SKN=1

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/poli...-1225859974403

And if you are still unsure of the facts...read this one...it clearly shows treasury estimates on expected tax revenue for the years ahead....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226426102112

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Baja...Because Size Matters!

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

R/C Apprentice wagnman is on a distinguished road
    Just so you know My business ACU Group Pty ltd unloads ALL of the shipping containers of smokes that comes into NSW (which go up to QLD and north via truck from Sydney). I can assure you that the smokes still come from the same suppliers that they always did and the only difference that plain packaging will make is that it will force the price of a packet of snokes even higher raining even more tax revenue for the government.

Don't blabber the government foyer profiting from a self destructive habit like smoking..
    Last edited by towie964; 01-12-2012 at 10:47 PM.

R/C Apprentice ozziii is on a distinguished road ozziii's Avatar
    I remember hearing something like that myself Towie, without the smoking taxes the govt would lose a huge amount of money, but yeah if it was banned like other things have been then it wouldn't be such a problem. They want people to think they are doing something about it but really, their doing stuff all, they should phase it out completely over 5 years or so.
    TEAM JQ AUSTRALIA. Stuff I like & use, paid for by me.
    JQ PRODUCTS "THE Car" Yellow Edition & RTR, NAA "GODZILLA" modified engine, Sanwa Radio
    NEO+ fuel, SAVOX servo's, MAX Racing oils, M2C clutch, SWEEP tyres, Bitty Design, JConcepts.

R/C God snap off racing will become famous soon enough snap off racing's Avatar
    I find it funny.
    Smokers think the government owes em something.
    Just be patient. You heart and or lung disease or cancer is coming.

AUSRC Legend PC WIZ is on a distinguished road PC WIZ's Avatar
    Anyhow, have a Winfield!
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

Senior Moderator
    towie964 will become famous soon enough towie964 will become famous soon enough towie964's Avatar
    Reformed smokers are the worst....lol

I had a guy in hospital with me 18 months ago, he was a reformed smoker, 36 years off them, and he said he still had cravings all the time, he died not long after we started rehab of a Non Smoking Related Disease.

You are right...the Govt does owe us something, and not just smokers, but All of us...it is called the Truth...hiding a multi billion dollar industry behind an Olive Green package that will do nothing to stop people smoking, and their own advisors have told them as much...how about them just telling us the truth....They cant afford for us to all give up smoking, because then they would have to make real tax reforms and that would be unpopular...better to have 24% of us (the smokers) dirty on them, than to have 100% of the country against them because the only other industry they can tax into oblivion is fuel or alcohol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everybody is adding famous quotes to their sigs, so...My Mother to my Father on Disciplining me as a child....You hit him Noel, My Arm is getting tired.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wagnman View Post
    Just so you know My business ACU Group Pty ltd unloads ALL of the shipping containers of smokes that comes into NSW (which go up to QLD and north via truck from Sydney). I can assure you that the smokes still come from the same suppliers that they always did and the only difference that plain packaging will make is that it will force the price of a packet of snokes even higher raining even more tax revenue for the government.

Don't blabber the government foyer profiting from a self destructive habit like smoking..
    What about all the other bad habits that are just as self destructive...at least smokers only hurt themselves...ever had to scape a smoker off the road after he ploughed his car into a bus load of kids....I have had to scrape up drinkers that have...no less self destructive, but you dont see the Govt throwing taxes at booze to the same degree that they do smokes...I have never seen a smoker go off the rails and King Hit someone in a public place because of a smoke fuelled rage either, but they dont force alcohol companies to Plain Package Booze, and I have never seen a guy come home after a smoke and beat the crap out of his wife, but I can show you dozens of battered women and children that have been emotionally destroyed by Booze related violence living in refuges and shelters as a result of alcohol abuse...it is all about the money, nothing more

AUSRC Legend PC WIZ is on a distinguished road PC WIZ's Avatar
    Why is it that non smokers have taken it on themselves to make smokers lives harder?

Pull the thorn out of your own A55, before looking at fixing my habits.
    Come to Lake Centenary in Temora to run your RC boat. Free BBQ's, power points, great amenities with hot showers, a childs sandpit/play area and lots of shade sails around the lake edge. It's 2km out of town, fresh water and gas boats are welcome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast