Australian RC Forums banner

ALDI Tevion Action Camera

10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Robinator 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I saw that in the junk mail this morning, looks like an alright system worth a look

#3 ·
What's the price on it?

#5 ·
That's seems to be a good buy. 30m water proof too!

#6 ·
From the specs it seems to be pretty similar to the HK HD wing camera. But this one is waterproof and the photos are probably better.

But this cam has an issue with land based rc, or atleast for onboard. It uses a CMOS sensor so if there are vibrations the image will be wobbly.

But still. $80 seems to be a great price and being waterproof that makes it even better.

#7 ·
Got one on Saturday morning, they only had three in stock. It a sturdy little thing with a nice thick lense cover. All the inputs are at the rear and get covered by a rubber seal/plug. I mounted it on my mountain bike yesterday and went for a spin. Very easy to operate and the buttons are nice and sturdy. Due to a mate going A-up our ride was cut short. The video quality is quite good, not what i would call full HD but plays fine on a computer screen, just have to remember to wipe the water off the lense before starting to film. Is it as good as a GoPro or Contour HD, simple answer is no, but it also 25% of the price. Am i happy-yep.

#9 ·
Aldi are renowned for having limited supply of advertised specials, according to The Office of Fair Trading, they are only required to have one of each advertised item instore on the day the special begins, and in some cases they will have a disclaimer on the catalogue, advising that regional and country areas may not stock some of the items advertised.

Once the item/s are sold they are not required to top up the items or order more in, once sold out that is it, special finished.

Repco are doing similar specials at the moment, they advertised an Aluminium Checker Plate Tool Box, approx 1220x350x400 in their last special and had one in stock, but it was sold within minutes due to the huge reduction in price.
They also had one only of the DVD Player Head Units that were advertised, they also sold within minutes of the store opening.

#10 ·
I broke the handle mount for my camera last night while out on the MTB. Rang the help desk today and they are sending a new mount out for free-pretty good service.
When i got mine they had three in total and they were tucked away down the back, i listened to my Father in law and got to the store just after it opened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.