New HPI E-Firestorm Flux 10T
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    R/C Guru WaggaClint is on a distinguished road WaggaClint's Avatar

New HPI E-Firestorm Flux 10T

Looks like HPI have stepped up there game with the upcoming release of a new upgraded E-firestorm

E-FIRESTORM FLUX - UPDATED WITH EVEN MORE FEATURES!
    We've taken the proven platform and added a 2.4GHz radio system, a more powerful ESC/motor combination, waterproof electronics, an 8.4V battery pack, AA batteries for the transmitter, Split 5 chrome wheels and two fresh new paint jobs. The updated E-Firestorm Flux let's you drive in wet conditions and has a top speed of over 50 mph with on-command wheelies!
    2.4GHz RADIO SYSTEM
    Controlling the E-Firestorm Flux is easy with the HPI 2.4GHz radio system. No need to worry about changing crystals, the radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically. If the truck loses radio signal or battery power, an electronic failsafe will bring it to a safe and controlled stop.
    WATERPROOF
    The E-Firestorm Flux now has a waterproof receiver box to keep the 2.4GHz receiver protected from the elements for glitch-free operation. A new SF-10W waterproof steering servo and a waterproof Flux Vapor speed control mean your E-Firestorm won't be stopped by wet conditions like rain, snow, and mud.
    MORE POWER
    The E-Firestorm Flux takes the durable E-Firestorm platform to the next level with amazing performance from brushless motor technology powered by Castle. The updated Flux brushless system includes a Flux Vektor 4800Kv brushless motor that is controlled by Flux Vapor waterproof electronic speed control. The new motor/esc combo is now capable of handling a 3S Li-Po battery pack for a blazing top speed over 50 mph! Experience the extreme power and efficiency that brushless technology offers.
    BETTER EQUIPPED
    To help get your new E-Firestorm Flux running as quickly as possible, a rechargeable 8.4V Plazma 3300mAh battery pack and AC wall charger are now included, along with Plazma AA's for your transmitter! Just charge the battery and you're ready to start driving!
    LOOKS GREAT
    The E-Firestorm Flux features two new pre-painted color choices, Orange/Silver or Yellow/Pink. For great looks, the E-Firestorm Flux is topped off with a set of chrome Split 5 wheels.
    BRUSHLESS ELECTRIC POWER
    The E-Firestorm Flux takes full advantage of all of the benefits of electric power; it's quiet, clean, powerful, and truly plug-and-play... no starter or fuel needed! Blazing speed comes from a Flux Vektor brushless motor powered by Castle, controlled by an electronic speed control for complete control over throttle, brakes, and reverse. NiMh to Li-Po battery packs all fit easily in the E-Firestorm battery slot that gives secure and tool-free access.

FLUX VEKTOR 4800Kv BRUSHLESS MOTOR FEATURES:
    • High Torque/ High Temperature Neodymium Magnet
    • Oversized precision sealed bearings
    • 2.3mm 1/8" Hardened Steel Shaft
    • 4 Pole rotor for more torque
    • Triple insulated windings for long life
    • Black Anodized Case
    • Easy to Install
    • Compatible with any Sensorless ESC
    FLUX VAPOR BRUSHLESS ESC FEATURES:
    • 6-7 Cell NiMH/ NiCd or 3 Cell Li-Po
    • Waterproof
    • Can handle 40% MORE power than Motiv ESC
    • Ultra low resistance (.0007 ohms / phase)
    • Sensorless technology eliminates additional sensor wiring and complexity
    • Lithium Compatible. ** Programmable Lithium under-voltage cutoff protects delicate Lithium packs from over-discharge
    • High performance cross-cut aluminum heat sink
    • Smooth startup and run with sensorless motors (Patents Pending)
    • Linear Torque Braking/ allows better control on corner entry
    E-FIRESTORM FLUX FEATURES:
    • Flux Vektor 4800Kv brushless motor provides high performance, efficiency, long motor life, reduced maintenance
    • Flux Vapor waterproof ESC for smooth and efficient motor control
    • Composite main chassis is lightweight and durable
    • Suspension geometry and components from the Firestorm 10T
    • Nimble handling and easy to drive in all conditions
    • Many existing Firestorm option parts bolt directly on to maximize performance
    • Vertically adjustable front and rear camber links are easily adjustable to suit conditions and driving styles
    • Adjustable shock positions (3 upper and 2 lower) to maximize suspension performance
    • Adjustable wheelbase to tune the length of the truck to suit driving conditions
    • Adjustable rear toe and anti-squat for quick adjustment to fine tune handling
    • High quality thumbscrews on battery retainer for secure and tool-free battery access. Fits most Li-Po packs, 6-cell NiMh batteries, and 7-cell NiMh batteries
    • Dual pad slipper clutch protects the drive train on hard landings
    • Durable low-profile 2.6:1 ratio ALL METAL gear transmission is extremely durable and capable of handling very powerful motors
    • Sealed planetary gear differential for nearly zero maintenance, maximum reliability and convenience of tuning differential action with heavy weight silicone oils
    • Strong alloy steel dog bones for simplicity and durability
    • 14 ball bearings throughout the drive train for maximum speed and efficiency
    • Turnbuckles used for each camber link and steering rod allow fine adjustment of the suspension geometry to suit your driving style and track conditions
    • Threaded shock bodies allow fine adjustment of ride height
    • Silicone oil filled shocks for high performance and more consistent damping in extreme temperatures
    • Aluminum 12mm wheel hex adapters used front and rear are compatible with all HPI 1/10th scale truck rear wheels. Allows many different wheel and tire combinations to adapt to driving conditions and numerous styling options
    • Alloy steel front axles are extremely durable
    • Captured hinge pin design used throughout for easy maintenance with no E-clips
    • Lay down steering servo for the lowest possible center of gravity
    • High quality hex head machine screws used throughout for simple maintenance
    • Adjustable height body mounts allow a variety of body styles to fit the chassis for a custom look
    • Ground Assault taper pin rear tires and Front Line ribbed front tires for high traction and long life on nearly any surface
    • Shiny chrome Split 5 wheels made from high impact nylon for extreme durability
    • 48 pitch pinion and spur gear for maximum efficiency and reliability, protected by a molded gear cover to keep debris away from the gears
    • Pre-painted DSX-2 body with custom silkscreen graphics
    UPDATES AT A GLANCE
    • 2.4GHz radio system for glitch-free operation without the need for crystals
    • Waterproof Flux Vapor ESC
    • Waterproof SF-10W steering servo
    • Waterproof receiver box
    • Split 5 chrome wheels
    • Choice of two new body colors
    • AA batteries for the transmitter and receiver
    • 8.4V 3300mAh battery pack
    • AC wall charger
    • 4 pole Flux Vektor 4800Kv motor for more torque
    • To speed of over 50 mph when using a 3S battery

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God crusey_aus will become famous soon enough crusey_aus's Avatar
    Curious to see the motor / esc specs

Castle MMP / Neu 1406 ?

Cheers

R/C God Sandman77 is on a distinguished road Sandman77's Avatar
    Saw a pic of the esc last week, looked like a sidewinder to me.
    Challenge Accepted
    RIP Jason Richards

Yeah guess it could be a Sidewinder v2 (same as SCT combo) which Castle claims to have 40% more power handling capability than the old model

3s with a 4800kv and 50mph is not too shabby

Cheers
    Last edited by crusey_aus; 25-03-2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Slash Platinum Xerun 150 / Tenshock SC401 3500kv
    TT Brushless Go-Kart / Castle Mamba Micro
    Losi 1/24 Rally
    Blade 400, 120SR, MSR

R/C God Sh1mmy is on a distinguished road
    Saw this the other day, about time they did this, the original flux had a crap motor in it and was getting behind in the times with a 27mhz radio.

This should be a much better setup than the original.
    Losi Desert Truck x2 | Mugen MBX5T-E | 3Racing Sakura Zero S | Losi XXX CR | Durango DEX210
    For Sale: Losi Desert Truck |Futaba T2PHKA | Sanwa MX3X |Losi XXX CR

Heres some pics of the motor/speedy/reciever box. Pics taken from one of my fav sites bigsquidrc.com

Challenge Accepted
    RIP Jason Richards

R/C Novice Wardrop is on a distinguished road
    This looks like the perfect upgrade to my E-Firestorm Flux which I bought probably 2 years ago now (a good move as I've already been through one motor and ESC). I've got quite a collection of spare E-Firestorm parts as I bought two Flux's at the time, plus about $200 worth of spare parts and hop-ups. I've been thinking about upgrading the motor and speed controller in my existing flux so I can safely run a 3S Lipo, but this new Firestorm looks like the perfect upgrade.

Does anyone know where I could get one of these in Australia? Who's got stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardrop View Post
    Does anyone know where I could get one of these in Australia? Who's got stock?
    I think youl find it very hard to find one in Aus, it normally takes a while for new stuff to hit our shores..

Id look into buying from the U.S alot cheaper with the aus dollar being so good, check out Towerhobbies or Amainhobbies..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    www.crawlanz.com

I've actually already been in contact with A Main Hobbies. They say they should have more in by the 10th of May; definitely a lot cheaper too as you said. Only $300 for a E-Firestorm Flux with all the upgrades, it's just crazy. I'm also thinking of getting the following kit to accommodate the new E-Firestorm Flux. http://www.maxamps.com/SAVAGEARTRKIT-6000XL-111.htm

Nice 11.1v battery will more amperage than you I possibly need, and a plentiful 6000mAh capacity. I'm buying these batteries more for quality sake; their performance is merely a bonus. They're 162mm long which is the maximum length of the E-Firestorm's battery carriage.

$300 for a car and then $500 for a charger and two batteries ???

Must have pleny of cash mate

Plenty of battery / charger options for a lot less than that

Cheers
    Losi 1/24 Rally
    Blade 400, 120SR, MSR

Plenty of better quality and cheaper than that
    Challenge Accepted
    RIP Jason Richards

Also if you intend on running 3S batteries keep in mind the height of the battery, i think youl find the Firestorms battery hold-down isnt really designed for 3S, so youl have to mod it a bit for the extra height...

And as the other guys said, you can get a better deal than Maxamps if ya shop around...

www.crawlanz.com

R/C God Sh1mmy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by WaggaClint View Post
    Also if you intend on running 3S batteries keep in mind the height of the battery, i think youl find the Firestorms battery hold-down isnt really designed for 3S, so youl have to mod it a bit for the extra height...

And as the other guys said, you can get a better deal than Maxamps if ya shop around...
    The E-FS has 2 threaded posts which the battery strap slides down on, 2 nuts screw on to hold it all together, shouldn't need any mods.

The charger would be brilliant (if you want to pay that much, the Powerlabs 8 is cheaper and more powerful (although only single output but can charge multiple identical cells)).
    The charger does not come with a power supply either, to get the full use out of it, you will need atleast a 650w power supply (or put 2 smaller ones together).

I think a LOT of people will agree when I say that Turnigy or Zippy LiPo's are better in quality, abilities and price.

Also if you are only after the ESC and motor of the new flux you could just buy the combo itself or even put together a separate motor/ESC.
    Losi Desert Truck x2 | Mugen MBX5T-E | 3Racing Sakura Zero S | Losi XXX CR | Durango DEX210
    For Sale: Losi Desert Truck |Futaba T2PHKA | Sanwa MX3X |Losi XXX CR

Sidewinder ESC is only worth $30 or so

Sidewinder / Castle 3800 combo is on special for $90 or so and the motor alone is worth at least $60

Cheers
    Losi 1/24 Rally
    Blade 400, 120SR, MSR

I'm open to battery suggestions. So far I've got Turnigy and Zippy as recommendations. I've also had a good experience with my current Intellect battery (Team Integy I think the brand is). The thing with MaxAmps is that they seem to get the most of their batteries for their size. They do a 3S 6000mAh battery with a height of only 27mm, and a 6000mAh 3S LiPo that'll fit in an E-Firestorm is something that's hard to find.

The E-Firestorm's can hold a battery with a maximum length of 162mm, width of 50mm, and a height of 30mm. If the battery length is 137mm or less (so the battery doesn't have to slide underneath the rear covered area), height is virtually limitless as long as you get longer posts to secure the battery retainer onto. By doing this however, you won't be able to slide the retainer under the cover area at the back, so you may need to apply some additional securing (reusable zip tie?).

I'm definitely in love with that charger though, and the MaxAmps 12v power supply seems good for the price ($74). I'll be charging for two (my brother and I), so pretend that if a didn't get a "duo" charger, that I'd have to get two chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by crusey_aus View Post
    Sidewinder ESC is only worth $30 or so

Sidewinder / Castle 3800 combo is on special for $90 or so and the motor alone is worth at least $60

Cheers
    These new E-Firestorm's have the Sidewinder v2, and some new 4800kv motor. I'm not surprised that the older Sidewinder and CM36 motor's are going for cheap as they're effectively end-of-life.

Read what I said in my earlier post mate, its not an old version of the ESC

The Sidewinder SCT / SV2 3800 combo is currently selling for $90

The 3800 motor is worth at least $60 so that means the Sidewinder is worth $30 or so

No specs are out on the 4800 motor yet so nobody knows what it is, guessing its just a rebadged Neu 1406

If you are looking for a better ESC for your Firestorm and plan to run 3s I would be steering clear of the Sidewinder

Given that people are killing the Sidewinders on 2s with incorrect gearing in heavy cars, 3s with a higher kv motor is asking for trouble

The Maxamps power supply is nothing more than a secondhand modified computer supply, same thing can be done for uder $40

Battery choice should be determined by the amp draw of your motor

You dont need a dual port charger to charge two packs, any charger can do it

Cheers
    Last edited by crusey_aus; 28-04-2011 at 09:22 AM.
    Losi 1/24 Rally
    Blade 400, 120SR, MSR

How does one determine the amp draw of their motor? by checking the spec sheet?

I wouldn't say I'm loaded with cash. I have an average income, but also have low expenses as I'm still living at home, and don't own a car. I make my most of my purchasing decisions based on the quality of the product, how long it'll last, and how pleasant it is to use and live with. If all of those points are a pass, I'm willing to fork out extra. Working in IT, I've grown tired of trouble shooting electrical or software problems, hence I'm after an out-of-the-box charger that just works, and that's something I'm willing to pay extra for as stated.

The reason I'm interested in the upgraded E-Firestorm, as opposed to just a new motor and ESC, is that for $300, it's worth it for all the spare parts it comes with, plus the extra's such as waterproof'd components, 2.4ghz radio, etc. I'm pretty happy with the power of my current stock E-Firestorm Flux, but it would be nice to get just a little extra go out of it; in other words, it would be nice to get the punch of a fresh battery for the whole run. At the moment, half way through draining the battery, the performance drops noticeably. Still quick, but it loses the punch off-the-line.

I'll definitely look around for cheaper batteries as I know I don't need all the amps that come with the MaxAmps batteries. I just want a battery that'll allow me to get the most out of my car, and most importantly, last a good number of charge cycles.
    Last edited by Wardrop; 28-04-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Most motor manufacturers list a power rating for the motor (Watts)

Volts x Amps is how they come up with the power rating

A similar motor / esc package (Castle Sidewinder v2 with 1406 4600kv) sells for $99

I'm not suggesting that $300 isnt a great price for that car

I am a bit skeptical about the 50mph on 3s claims with that motor / esc combo

Cheers
    Last edited by crusey_aus; 28-04-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    Losi 1/24 Rally
    Blade 400, 120SR, MSR

Quote Originally Posted by Sh1mmy View Post
    The E-FS has 2 threaded posts which the battery strap slides down on, 2 nuts screw on to hold it all together, shouldn't need any mods.
    I have a Blitz which is the same and stock it will not fit high mah 3S batteries, youl run out of thread, longer threaded posts will be needed, as Wardtrop says in post 15...
    Last edited by WaggaClint; 28-04-2011 at 01:32 PM.

www.crawlanz.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast