Australian RC Forums banner

Best nitro buggy to buy

18K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  sticky 
#1 ·
Hi guys
I'm looking at buying a 1/8 or 1/10 nitro buggy what's the best and most reliable one I can get I want something easy to tune and strong.

#3 ·
as you can see now there heaps out depond on what you want and how much you wanna spend you look at losi 1/8 scale buggy rtr ome with all that you need good radio starter box the lot
then you got hotbodies d8 then lrp sxb ae buggy mugen buggy just depond on how big your pockets are

#7 ·
+1 for the hyper 7 very easy to tune, great fun to use, parts are everywhere, I have always found the hyper to be seriously tough I have jumped mine, flipped it, rolled it, crashed it and it has always kept coming back for more :thumb:

By the looks of all the talk ATM the best thing is when you get jack of the nitro its very easy to convert to brushless :biggrin1:

#8 · (Edited)
Not fussed about budget I have 2 bajas and an MCD and am going to sell the MCD and put some of the money to buying a buggy the HRC buggy I looked at looks real strong all alloy with steel gear and the shop had lots of spare. They definitely look the part I just don't know what the motors are like. Also the price tag is about $900 so I thought it couldn't be all that bad.. But think I will stick with something well known.. Is there anyone that makes a buggy with billet arms and steel gears?

#13 ·
You would have been ripped off hardcore if you bought that hrc thing for $900. It's not even a mainstream branded buggy like Team Associated, Losi etc and they want $900 for it, tell them they're dreaming.

Sure they might have spare parts for it in the shop but they'd better be the only shop your going to use. Chances of you finding spare parts for hrc stuff at most other GOOD hobbyshops would be small.

Being all alloy does not mean its awesome in any way, sure it might look the part, but it is in fact worse. If an all alloy vehicle was so good why aren't world championship quality buggies like the AE, Losi or HB full of alloy?. Even bashers that know what they are doing now don't go for alloy. It's all bling no sing.

Example scenario. You break a suspension arm replace them with alloy ones, next time you crash there will be no plastic to flex and absorb any of the impact so there goes your diff case/hub/sussy block/shaft/shock.

Don't play into the mindset like many other people do that the more alloy means the better a vehicle becomes.

well you can get few different model of buggies
here what you can get
for under $900
this from amainhobbies
Hot Bodies D8 Atsushi Hara Edition 1/8 Off Road Competition Buggy Kit $399
just add engine and radio and starter gear
Team Losi 8IGHT 2.0 1/8 4WD RTR Buggy (w/DX3S Radio, Telemetry Installed & Starter Box) $699
Team Associated RC8RS Race Spec RTR Buggy $479
from frontline hobbies
LRP 1/8 S8 BX $409
Grab any of those and you will not be dissapointed. Grab the hrc one however, i cant gaurantee you wont be dissapointed, but i will gaurantee you just blew $900 on something nowhere near on par as any of those buggies.

They also all have good distributors in australia meaning you will never be stuck for parts no matter which hobby shop you go to.

I am a big Team Associated fan so no point me giving you my opinion as it will be very biased but I will anyway. What I love about Team Associated? All metric hardware, exceptional build quality, very good parts support in Aus (even better on ebay), look very good and tons of upgrades if you want to take that path.
This man speaketh the truth ;)

#9 ·
#12 ·
I am a big Team Associated fan so no point me giving you my opinion as it will be very biased but I will anyway. What I love about Team Associated? All metric hardware, exceptional build quality, very good parts support in Aus (even better on ebay), look very good and tons of upgrades if you want to take that path.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.