Schumacher Fusion 28
+ Reply to Thread
    R/C God

BigKev aka The Frog will become famous soon enough BigKev aka The Frog's Avatar

Schumacher Fusion 28

Righto guys....this is a new area for me ...

I have been looking at one of these and wondered if anyone had opinions or experience with them??

Schumacher Fusion 28 Turbo 1/10th 4WD

New from Schumacher:

New for 2010 the updated Nitro Fusion 28 Turbo is one of the fastest R/C cars on the planet.

It is powered by the awesome Schumacher X28 (4.5cc) engine built by Italy's legendary engine manufacturer, Picco. Now incorporating 8 + 1 ports and Turbo head this fully race tuned monster produces huge 3.25 horsepower and 40,000 rpm. With the help of the unique Schumacher 3 speed transmission, it can propel the Fusion 28 Turbo to an astonishing 80+mph.

Power is nothing without control and the new Fusion 28 Turbo now comes with a 2.4GHz digital radio system.

The Fusion 28 Turbo has the grip and handling to match thanks to the race developed fully adjustable suspension from the British National Championship winning Fusion R12 and ATS competition foam tyres.

Features:

80+ mph top speed
    New 2.4GHz Steer wheel radio
    New 8+1 Port Picco built .28 Turbo (4.5cc) engine
    3 Speed transmission
    Electric start backplate & shaft
    CNC Alloy Tuned pipe
    High grip competition Japanese foam tyres from ATS
    4wd transmission with an enclosed 16mm wide kevlar reinforced drive belt
    New 7075 T6 4mm thick strong aluminium anodised chassis
    Ball differentials with steel outdrives
    Fully adjustable race developed suspension
    Oil filled purple alloy shocks with ground colour coded springs
    Enclosed radio and battery box.
    Pre painted body with Red or Blue trim
    Standard 12mm touring car wheel hex.
    Full range of option parts available.

Specifications:

Power Source: NITRO
    Model Type: 4WD, ON-ROAD, LEISURE
    Length: 420mm
    Width: 200mm
    Top Speed: 80+ mph
    " Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe. "
    Albert Einstein
    US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C Guru jjjrules is on a distinguished road jjjrules's Avatar
    Absolutely AWESOME car - fastest thing on 4 wheels - it would definitely be on my wish list!

If only I could buy one cheap.......... oh well!

R/C Apprentice senad is on a distinguished road senad's Avatar
    Now that is really nice, does anyone know the price?

senad.

R/C Apprentice LiL_JaSoN is on a distinguished road
    would be fast and hard to handle i rekon. even the old schumacher fusion was fast.

they airnt even race legal... but id like to see someone drop in a race .21 engine, and gear it up and see how fast it would go.
    RACER - KYOSHO RRR SPECIAL EDITION - EQUIPPED WITH | MASSIVEMODS| CAPRICORN | YBSLOW | ACER BEARINGS| SPEKTRUM | AIRTRONICS | ORION |
    TRACK BASHER - SERPENT 733

R/C Novice thachowman is on a distinguished road thachowman's Avatar
    the ultimate car park/ street racer to wow your mates with... I'd love to add one to my collection, just cause its damn fast...
    Cheers

Andrew

R/C God
    xr8ute is on a distinguished road xr8ute's Avatar
    Schumacher make a decent car, I haven't played with the nitro's for a while but that looks nice

I had a Pico motor in my LST, I hope it's still going strong JJJ ....
    Sydney Society of Model Engineers - Large Scale Off Road Section Leader - AARCMCC Affiliated

R/C Newbie steveb is on a distinguished road
    hi all
    myself and a friend have been running this model for a few months now. we both are exp drivers that have found this car a real hoot to drive after a few changes to get them to handle the speed.

R/C Apprentice blade954 is on a distinguished road blade954's Avatar
    I have been playing with these cars since they came out, The second batch were the best with the 21's in the 28 just don't rev like the 21's do a good bump start 21 in these and they are a missile.

First up the thing that let these cars down was the clutch here is a pic of the standard one and a modified one. run with mugen teflon shoes this gets the power to the ground with out slippage.

Second you have to get a bump start engine in there as well here is a custom made bump start chassis made for the fusion.

HEI | Xray | Hudy | Novarossi | Byrons | Ko Propo |
    Ryper hobbies | AKA | Blade Grafix |

And i had Mark from massive mods prepare a MasNorFida CMB RS Pro .21 this thing is the fastest engine i have ever had period.

I was trying for 100mph a few years back but with the young lad taking off in off road racing it was put on the back burner... biggest thing was the pipe being a 1/10th car i had to modify a pipe back then all i could get was the fantom pipes made out of steel and modified one my self cut it down and tig'ed it up at work this made a huge difference in power the pipe that comes with the fusion is made for a .12 engine and just wont let anything breathe.

I still believe out of the box these cars are hands down one of the best playing on road cars out.Was better years ago when Schumacher made the Fusion R12 which was there 1/10th on road touring car and had all the good aloy bits harder to get now, The bits i have are from WolfPAck radicals i was lucky enough to have one posted to me free of charge to trail. I have since heard that he doesnt make them any more due to "lack of interest"

I modified all my gears and changed the way the 2nd and 3rd gears come in with springs and grub screws you could say it was almost adjustable in a way. I still get mine out now and then still brings a smile to the dial.... you can also get more speed by cutting the main belt in half to reduce drag in the system.....

R/C God RatsacK is on a distinguished road RatsacK's Avatar
    Sorry to butt in. But, are they the stock tyres/wheels? How many mm hex do they use (if they use a hex?)? Also, how wide are they?

Thanks!
    Hobao Hyper 8SC
    Axial SCX10
    LRP S10 Drifter
    Spektrum DX3C

R/C Apprentice LiL_JaSoN is on a distinguished road
    should try modding putting a centax clutch in.
    RACER - KYOSHO RRR SPECIAL EDITION - EQUIPPED WITH | MASSIVEMODS| CAPRICORN | YBSLOW | ACER BEARINGS| SPEKTRUM | AIRTRONICS | ORION |
    TRACK BASHER - SERPENT 733

Quote Originally Posted by RatsacK View Post
    Sorry to butt in. But, are they the stock tyres/wheels? How many mm hex do they use (if they use a hex?)? Also, how wide are they?

Thanks!
    Yep they use standard hex forget running rubber tires on these as they balloon up and make the car unstable, I have the R12 rear hubs which allow you to put the 30mm wide foams on the back. but defiantly get the R12 hubs if you can on the rear...Standard touring car width 200mm

R/C Apprentice BlackDiamond is on a distinguished road BlackDiamond's Avatar
    I know I am a bit late and all, but I do recall Metro Hobbies in Box Hill (Melbourne) sell these. I think they may also be agents for them, but not sure... I been outta RC for ages now, but thought of getting a road basher, and this car was amongst what was on my list
    * No broom broom @ the moment =8'^(

R/C Apprentice toughone is on a distinguished road
    their tuff as nice rides

+ Reply to Thread