colt nitro rc car
+ Reply to Thread
    R/C Newbie rhysist is on a distinguished road

Cool colt nitro rc car

hey guys i bought a 1/10 (i think)colt nitro car.payed 400$ all ready to go and it was reduced from 700$,bit of bargain i think lol,anyways back to the story the first day i had it i broke the pullstarter on the first tank which was 4months ago and i havent done anything with it since.so what im wondering how much would a new pullstarter cost or a starter box is worth?

cheers
    rhys
    Last edited by stevo1957; 20-09-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Attempt at selling - min post count not met

2. Remove Advertisements
    AUSRC.COM
    Advertisements

R/C God bd581 is on a distinguished road
    Bad news first. The hobby shop or ebay seller whoever it was did a bit of a salesman trck on you. No way is it, was it or will ever be worth $700 retail. The $400 you paid is about retail.
    Otherwise, they aren't that bad of a car, they go well, but a little fragile, so be careful when you do finally get it running.
    IMO they are better value than the GV/BV1 cars where you pay for the body shell and get the car thrown in.

But back to the topic

New pull starters are easy enough to track down, most shops should easily get you one, cant imagine for much more than $50. Not really worth going down the starter box path. You'll most likely be needing new flywheel and engine mounts and possibly new chassis.

The reason it broke is because you pulled the starter too far or too hard, The engine is still tight (as they are when new)
    Or possibly it was flooded.
    Next time, heat the head up with a hair dryer before starting it, this will allow the cylinder lining to expand so the piston isn't so tight.
    Or another method it to reduce its compression by losening the glow plug a tiny bit

Best of luck
    Brad

My collection
    http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6850&highlight=bd581

R/C Newbie rhysist is on a distinguished road
    lol i didnt wanna sell it in here and whats the minum post count for a for sale thread??
    and how come all the over thread replies got deleted?

R/C God Stoogey will become famous soon enough Stoogey's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread