Australian RC Forums banner

Auction city Australia

10K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  towie964 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi i thought i might bring to the attention of everyone a few drama's i've had with this company...the australian site is called "Auction city Australia" and his oversea's site is called "oversize r/c" as well as his shop down in Victoria.

I ordered a clone rear dom pipe 4 weeks ago $99, i thought cool, nice and cheap but i am yet to see it. The last few weeks i've been ringing the number on the site..but no answer...emailing...again no answer, so i did a quick google search to see if anyone else has had any problems and yes on another large scale forum there is 5 pages of other people that are in the same predicament as myself. Some either received there parts after 2 months, got the wrong parts or didn't get them at all.

So i did a little investigating and got the street address of the shop off his site and found the business next door to him( which is a window tint company) and gave him a buzz where i asked him if he could take the phone in so i could speak to someone in oversize r/c...which he kindly did...Anyway so i finally get to ask him where my part is and all i got was...and i quote.."f&*k off mate i'm not interested and don't ring me again" nice bloke eh...pffffffff

So basiclly i recommend to anyone to not buy off this company as it seems to be run by scum.

i honestly think i'd rather spend a little more and get my bits from kris or wayne from now on.

thanks guys just my 2 cents...would like to hear of any other problems with any other sites as well..if any?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hell yeh I had problems with these guys

I tries to call em well and truely over 100 times and sent heaps of emails regarding my sand tires

I eventually got a reply email saying please wait for the full 14 business days to elapse before attempting further contact

Also after searching I found this thread http://www.ausrc.com/forum/showthread.php?p=187339
some good info in it ie his trading details

I sent 1 last one with threats of legal action and then low and behold my items appeared 2 days later cheap prices I know but really dodgey I think I am lucky that I got my stuff eventually hope it all works out for ya
let us know how ya go

John

#3 ·
Yeh i ordered a clone rear dom also from this guy. After three weeks i attempted contanct via phone and e-mail. Got no reply from either so i e-mailed and left voice messages again stating i would like my money back and he could shove it!!!!!. Still no reply. A week later my pipe turns up shipped from USA (maybe by camel). This grub just does drop shipping and is not interested in communication after sale.
Hope your pipe comes soon. Maybe the camel has thrown a shoe with your frieght???

#9 ·
yeah extremly temping to fly down just for the principle of the matter....there seems to be a lot more shafted people out there than what i thought...

the only way to get these grubs to close down is to get the word out and let everyone know...very hard unfortunatly

#14 ·
Lodge a formal complaint through the Victorian Consumer Affair ... that's what I did and 2 days later I got an email stating my item has been shipped and finally got it too

dont waste any more time trying to ring or contact the *****, Eddie Dunn i think that's his name .... he's told you f*#k off before

#24 ·
does anyone have contact details for this company ive been scammed again i think cant get a hold of these people pay for alloy upgrade for land overlord truck and new air filter didnt cost an arm n leg but not the point i want my bits
showroom 7 171-173 Cheltnham RD Dandenong VIC.
PH:03 9708 5137

the shop name is something like Radio control Hobbies

I dont think they mean to scam ppl they just do so much business they dont care how long they take on mail orders.

#30 ·
I have the owner of Auction City Australia's mobile No.

Hi, I too was scammed out of a $300 order, I hunted the owner down and got his mobile number and after 6 months and many threats of legal action got my order....
PLEASE give him a call to discuss your problems
Eddie Dunn 0404313188
Has his phone off a lot, worth trying in the middle of the night though :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.